Migrate to new pc

mm1yam
Novice Class

Migrate to new pc

Post by mm1yam »

Hi All
I have been using Log40m for the last six months and am very pleased with no problems, and would like to move all my settings to a new pc, I have looked at the manual, and it says to move C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2\user from one computer to the other, however I dont't have this file
Hands up not sure if I ran as administrator when I installed or on the new pc, not put any data on the new pc so could I reinstall as administrator?
Is there any way round the problem I have created, or do I need to set my configeration manually, I suppose it will teach me to read the manual.
Both windows 10 pcs running the latest versions of log40m.

Thanks Clive
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Migrate to new pc

Post by G4POP »

Google Show hidden files and folders

The Log4OM folder only exists after install
73 Terry G4POP
mm1yam
Novice Class

Post by mm1yam »

Hi Terry

Thanks for that, found the file, should I just overwrite the file contents on the new pc.

Also am I best doing a fresh install on the new pc and run as administrator.

thanks Clive
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

mm1yam wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 08:06 Thanks for that, found the file, should I just overwrite the file contents on the new pc.

Make sure that you make backups before overwriting anything so that you can recover if necessary

Also am I best doing a fresh install on the new pc and run as administrator.

Now I am confused you talk of a fresh install but apparently its a new PC with Log4OM not installed so any install will be fresh!

If you are expecting to integrate other software like WSJT with Log4OM and Omnirig then all of the associated software should be run as an administrator otherwise the multithreading of Omnirig cannot be used.
73 Terry G4POP
mm1yam
Novice Class

Post by mm1yam »

Hi
Thanks almost up and running now, just the google map data is not showing up in the right box, only a large scale map, I have google maps and earth installed, do I need to allow the maps to be shared with Log40m.

Thanks clive
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

mm1yam wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 14:51 Hi
Thanks almost up and running now, just the google map data is not showing up in the right box, only a large scale map, I have google maps and earth installed, do I need to allow the maps to be shared with Log40m.

Thanks clive
Clive,

Maps are discussed in the current User Guide on Pages 43 - 49.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
mm1yam
Novice Class

Post by mm1yam »

Hi

Thanks all up and running now.

Clive