MyITU MYCQ values are reversed in .ADI file where do these values come from?

N4CQ
Advanced Class

Re: MyITU MYCQ values are reversed in .ADI file where do these values come from?

Post by N4CQ »

I have been using L4Om for several years without problem. I just started to have the same problem with reversed ITU/CQ zones after upgrading to WIN 11. My station zone info in the config file(s)/station info is correct. When I look at the QTH info in the QSL manager the zones are reversed on ONLY SOME BUT NOT ALL OF THE QSOs.

I have two configurations on L4OM - one for TN and one for FL. The problem only occurs in the FL configuration.

I did not notice this problem until I got a zone error message from LoTW upon upload.

I am running Log4OM v 2.20.0.0

(I edited the zone info in the QSO file so I am not able to send you any screenshots.) Did this issue ever get resolved?

Dave
N4CQ
N4CQ
Advanced Class

Re: MyITU MYCQ values are reversed in .ADI file where do these values come from?

Post by N4CQ »

I have found one QSO with the problem described above but the file size is 471 KB. I can send alternate way if you would like to see it

Dave
N4CQ
N4CQ
Advanced Class

Post by N4CQ »

Same problem this morning.
Attached is a photo of the reversed zones. I "corrected" the first two log entries by editing to set zones correctly. The second two entries are reversed. The US is in ITU Zone 8, Florida is in Zone 5. The config setting in Log4Om is correct.
zones.jpg
zones.jpg (163.95 KiB) Viewed 853 times
Dave
N4CQ
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

ITU 5 is Greenland. 8 ist US East Coast and Florida ...

https://www.mapability.com/ei8ic/maps/ituzone.php

CQ 5 is Florida and CQ 8 is Caribbean Aerea ...

https://www.mapability.com/ei8ic/maps/cqzone.php

By the way, on my V2.20.0.0 all is correct with CQ 14 and ITU 28. Also in the latest Alpha (which is ending with .0.7)
all is correct. Also when i export as ADIF nothing is reversed. In ADIF MyCQ is 14 and MyITU is 28 too.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Dave,

Noting your log it appears you are running JTxx and getting input from WSJTx, JTDX, JTAlert or Gridtracker.

Those zone values are likely coming from those APPs. When that data is inbound to L4OM via the UDP connections it is not modified from those sources.

Double-check any/all settings in those APPs.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
N4CQ
Advanced Class

Post by N4CQ »

Thanks to Bill, W2PKY. He pointed me to his error in JTA which was the same error I made when I reloaded the software after WIN 11 upgrade. I had reversed the Zones in JTA - rookie mistake (or a truly Old Man mistake). Fixed now, thanks for the feedback. 73

Dave
N4CQ