IOTA Awards

Update and distribution of news relating to awards

Moderator: OE6CLD

sv3auw
Novice Class

IOTA Awards

Post by sv3auw »

I have been rejected from FT8DMC WIA scheme because it seems that I had upload more Islands that I had work with. I guess they are right though at the same time I don't think that it is purely my mistake. Let me give you an example.
I worked PU2UMF which is a station in the mainland of Brasil. When I check on him in the "Edit QSO" window at the "Awards Refs." I can see that he participates(?) at the IOTA scheme as SA-071. He is not an Islander and I amend the entry by deleting the IOTA from the info.
Likewise NN4EE. Editing our QSO at "Awards Refs." I see that he is IOTA@AF-002 though he lives EastNE of Atlanta GEORGIA and many miles from the nearest shore.
I can count 245 IOTAs in my Award Status and the FT8DMC accepts only 96 of them.
Who's mistake is that, mine or theirs? Program bug? How can I fix it?
TNX and 73 de sv3auw
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: IOTA Awards

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi Takis,

I checked the QRZ entry of PU2UMF. If you look under "Details" you can see IOTA: SA-071 and that's the reason why you see this in the log. Not sure from where the NN4EE entry comes, maybe someone added this to cluster comments. Log4OM2 will not add IOTA references without a source.

The most reliable way to fix this is to go through all QSOs with IOTA references and correct manually.

Claus, OE6CLD
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ