Can I stop the Awards Updating

Update and distribution of news relating to awards

Moderator: OE6CLD

VK2MET
Advanced Class

Can I stop the Awards Updating

Post by VK2MET »

Is there a setting to stop getting Awards updates? The updates overwrite my modifications. I'd like to be in better control of the awards I manage myself.
Is there a way?
Alan
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Can I stop the Awards Updating

Post by DF5WW »

There is a function in the program scheduler to set intervals for the award downloads. You may try to set them
all to 0 (zero). Not teste by my self but there´s the only option to change something in award downloads.

Setup.png
Setup.png (45.01 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Juergen,

I just tested this and learned that a "0" value is not allowed.

I was able to change to (for example) 90-days, but it will still cause an update.

Lele will have to make a change to allow turning off some of these items it appears.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Understand your pain with awards.

On the same note users should be able to delete or hide awards they will never use. Its dumb to make us scroll through 70 or 80 awards we will never use to find one we will. We have been talking about this for a few years but nothing has changed.

The software should allow users to hide and modify awards to their needs.

But my findings are the same as Nolan's. What you do is eventually going to get overwritten.

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
VK2MET
Advanced Class

Post by VK2MET »

I'd like the Protected Award setting to prevent auto updates
AwardsManager.PNG
AwardsManager.PNG (70.83 KiB) Viewed 2770 times
Alan
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Alan,

Best thing I can suggest is to (Under Award Management routine) click on File / Backup User Awards.

That will then backup your User-defined awards. You can then do a File / Import of that SOTA or POTA, etc.. award that you have customized and it "should" then over-write the default award that gets redone with a new Log4OM installation or general award update.

That might help and at least it is worth a try.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
VK2MET
Advanced Class

Post by VK2MET »

I more or less do the same thing with csv file. I just import the file, but I have to do it every time there's an update. I'd like to not have to do it at all unless by my choice. I suppose my only option at the moment is to set the update period very long so at least I don't have to do it so often.
Alan