Gridsquares from LOTW

g5lsi
Novice Class

Gridsquares from LOTW

Post by g5lsi »

Hi all,

I looked for previous posts about this issue, but found none, so here I am.

I download confirmations from eQSL and LOTW to my log, and I am very happy with the way the eQSL download process works: if there is a a Gridsquare in the record, it either extends it with he last two characters if the first 4 maidenhead characters match, or it leaves it as it is. However, the LOTW download process does not seem to do that. It either writes the gridsquare if the record is empty, otherwise it does nothing. Is there a way to enable the same "adds the last two characters" feature for LOTW downloads?

Thanks,
Leandro G5LSI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Gridsquares from LOTW

Post by G4POP »

I think if you check what is provided in the LOTW download that it does not include the grid as eQSL does
73 Terry G4POP
g5lsi
Novice Class

Post by g5lsi »

>I think if you check what is provided in the LOTW download that it does not
>include the grid as eQSL does

Yes, it does. And Log4OM actually updates the database record with the gridsquare information downloaded from LOTW if that field is empty. What it doesn't do is to add the 5th and 6th characters to the record when the field contains a 4-character grid matching first 4 characters of the 6-character grid downloaded from LOTW.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I see this is a responce to a post in 2022 so first question is what is your Log4OM version number - See help/about

When you say 'YES IT DOES' are you checking the actual data received using the API download or what you get from a manual download from the LOTW web site?
73 Terry G4POP