LoTW Upload

N6RSH
Novice Class

LoTW Upload

Post by N6RSH »

I was having problems with Log4OM shutting down when I had it set to "Automatic Upload on Application Close". As suggested I disabled that function. My questions are:
1) Why have that function if it is going to cause a problem?
2) What is wrong that I can't get that to work with my Windows 10 computer?

I have the latest LoTW updates and my Log4OM is version 2.23.0.0. I want to be able to upload to LoTW. Please help.
Thanks,
Steve - N6RSH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: LoTW Upload

Post by G4POP »

Steve this issue seems only to affect a few users, and this makes it very hard for us to replicate it and trouble shoot the problem.

None of our team members have experienced this and I use it daily on two PC's without issue. I know thats of little help but perhaps it might encourage you to continue checking your set up to see if anything causes this to happen.

e.g.

Some of the users with this issue were using AMD Raysen systems and when they tried on an Intel system the problem vanished.

One had a faulty RAM strip which when replaced resolved the problem.

Another had installed the software in a read only folder preventing the upload file being accessed.

I just ask that if you find something that causes it, please let me know so that we can see if a change to our code could overcome it.
73 Terry G4POP
W4GHV
Advanced Class

Re: LoTW Upload

Post by W4GHV »

Darn, I had that problem and worked on it a long time and solved it.
But, I'm 82 and forgot to write down the solution.

I think I tinkered with TQSL and had it do a complete upload using it. I THINK the problem is there.

I also had problems with the program and WSJTX and THINK I run Log4OM in admin mode. I went round and round and fixed both problems.

Running happily now, and will document all my repairs in the future.

See my recent note for recovery for Log4OM goes bye-bye and welcomes you as a new user.
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
https://www.qrz.com/db/W4GHV