V2 error reports
ad8jl
Novice Class

Log4OM does not retrieve LotW Station ID in Program Configuration

Post by ad8jl »

Log4OM2 2.24.0.0 (Portable)
Windows 10 22H2 64-bit

Hello!

I am using LotW, but I do not have TQSL installed on the PC I'm using. That means I can't do automated LotW upload, but I am able to download LotW confirmations. For now, this is all I want, and this works perfectly. To do this, I have filled out only the following fields in Program Configuration/User Configuration/External Services/LOTW (Tab) : User, Password, Station ID. I then click Save and Apply. I can then use the QSL Manager to download LotW confirmations. It all works exactly like it should.

However, when I then go back into Program Configuration and change some other setting completely unrelated to LotW, I get the following error on Save and Apply: "Please complete required information". I click OK and I'm taken to the LOTW settings page described above, where the Station ID is now blank. I type it in again and click Save and Apply. Works fine -- until the next time I want to change a Program Configuration setting...

I'm not sure why it's not retrieving my Station ID. If this is a bug, please do not fix it by making it so I have to have a compete LotW with TSQL! :) I'm perfectly happy with having Log4OM2 only download confirmations. I move Log4OM2 between computers (hence the portable) and I only have TSQL set up on a single PC -- which oddly enough I never use Log4OM2 on! :) Exporting my new logs and handling the TSQL upload is plenty easy. Everything works great the way things are right now -- I just wish it would save the Station ID between Program Configuration changes...

Thank you very much for your time and attention! I really appreciate it. Log4OM2 is an incredible tool and I'm grateful to have it.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM does not retrieve LotW Station ID in Program Configuration

Post by G4POP »

Set to trace mode, emulate issue then send a support request to Lele or me
73 Terry G4POP
ad8jl
Novice Class

Re: Log4OM does not retrieve LotW Station ID in Program Configuration

Post by ad8jl »

OK, here's what I did, following the procedure in the Log4OM2 User Guide (https://www.log4om.com/l4ong/usermanual ... NG_ENU.pdf page 239):

2022/11/16 12:37 P.M. EST (-5)
Close Log4OM2
Start Log4OM2
Help/Log level/Trace
Settings/Program Configuration
(Opens to the User Configuration page)
Station Information/Grid square: <Changed the last letter>
Save and Apply
(Takes me to the LOTW page) Popup: Please complete required information/OK
(The Station ID is blank)(EDITED TO ADD: Added Station ID)
Save and Apply
(Configuration window closes successfully)

Settings/Program Configuration
(Opens to the User Configuration page)
External Services/LOTW
(The Station ID is blank: I leave it that way for now)
Station Information/Grid square: <Changed the last letter back>
Save and Apply
(Takes me to the LOTW page) Popup: Please complete required information/OK
(The Station ID is blank)(EDITED TO ADD: Added Station ID)
Save and Apply
(Configuration window closes successfully)

Help/Generate support request
(I completed the Privacy disclosure)
(I completed the support request including a paste of the URL for this thread, and include ADIF backup)
Generate Request
Popup: Your support package is here: <PATH>/OK
(I closed the Support request window)

Help/Log level/Info

I could not find an e-mail address to use, and I do not know who "Lele" is. A Google of "g4pop e-mail address" takes me to a post from 2018 where you suggest using QRZ.com to get your address, so that is exactly what I did, attaching the ZIP file and pasting a copy of this URL for your reference.

Oddly, the pinned message about e-mailing for support makes it very clear that you shouldn't e-mail unless asked, but no information about what to do when you *are* asked... :)

Hopefully, you will get this and might be able to help me to get it to the right place. If I missed additional documentation, please let me know so that I can make this easier on everyone in the future.

Thank you for your help!