Connection to Radio 1 Drops But Radio 2 is fine

KS4VOL
Novice Class

Connection to Radio 1 Drops But Radio 2 is fine

Post by KS4VOL »

I have two radios on LOG4OM connected. Radio 1 is a TS-480HX and Radio 2 is a TS-2000. If I log off LOG4OM and turn of radio on Radio 1 I lose it when I load LOG4OM again to run or turn off the radio and leave LOG4OM running. The radio beeps when I start LOG4OM but doesn't see Radio 1 until I reboot. The funny thing is I don't lose Radio 2 it stays connected. I have to reboot so LOG4OM will recognize Radio 1 again. This has been happening since I installed LOG4OM in October. I updated to 2.25.0.0 and still have the same issue.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thank You for the help in advance.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Connection to Radio 1 Drops But Radio 2 is fine

Post by G4POP »

Have you tried reversing the radios so the 2000 is rig 1 and the 480 rig 2?
73 Terry G4POP
KS4VOL
Novice Class

Post by KS4VOL »

Tried reversing the radios and still does the same thing. Maybe its the computer cable that connects the radio. HRD doesn't do it. Love LOG4OM and will continue to reboot each time it drops the radio. It does it less but still does it with it reversed.

Don't know if its cable, COM port, or program. I don't think its the program. Next is to try the different cables. That will change the COM Port and cables at the same time. Sorry to take so long in replying but Holidays and all was just not around the Main Home.

Thanks for responding G4POP.

Ken
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Try changing the refresh interval to 100ms

Also try low baud rates like 9600
73 Terry G4POP
KS4VOL
Novice Class

Post by KS4VOL »

I didn't change anything except I moved well swapped the RS232 cable around and that did it so far. I wanted to give it some time trying it out before I said success if for some reason this doesn't continue to work. Sorry for not responding sooner. But I was on a trial period. :lol: I will try changing the refresh and baud rates if this starts to show cliches. Since the cable swapping seems to have worked I don't want to change anything. :lol: Thank you for all your help. You guys are great and your Logging Program is top notch. I left Ham Radio Deluxe for yours and have zero regrets.

73's