Deleting 1400 QSOs

VE3EY
Novice Class

Deleting 1400 QSOs

Post by VE3EY »

Log4OM v.2.26.0.0
I need to delete about 1400 QSOs which I have inadvertently imported via ADIF import. Basically they are duplicates.

I normally unlock the yellow padlock and hit delete button when deleting smaller number of contacts from the log, but in this case, delete key does not seem to work on such large number of contacts.

Is there another way to accomplish this - short of purging the entire log and reimporting ADIF file. My log has about 140K of QSOs.

Hopefully someone can shed some light. Thank you

Nick VE3EY
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Deleting 1400 QSOs

Post by KI5IO »

VE3EY wrote: 29 Jan 2023, 14:03 Log4OM v.2.26.0.0
I need to delete about 1400 QSOs which I have inadvertently imported via ADIF import. Basically they are duplicates.

I normally unlock the yellow padlock and hit delete button when deleting smaller number of contacts from the log, but in this case, delete key does not seem to work on such large number of contacts.

Is there another way to accomplish this - short of purging the entire log and reimporting ADIF file. My log has about 140K of QSOs.

Hopefully someone can shed some light. Thank you

Nick VE3EY
Nick,

Use the QSO Manager Utility. Go to: Utilities / QSO Manager
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
VE3EY
Novice Class

Re: Deleting 1400 QSOs

Post by VE3EY »

Thanks Nolan. Appreciate your response.

While I did not mention this in my original post, this attempt was actually made from within QSO manager.
I guess I can try deleting contact in batches of 100 QSOs maybe?

Edit: I did select all 1400 QSO's with select/deselect button. The rows pending deletion are all highlighted in blue.

Regards
Nick