Memberships

af1e
Novice Class

Memberships

Post by af1e »

I would like to see a Memberships feature added. A new window like F6 would display organizations you wish to track to which the station you are talking to belongs. For example, if you work a station, you will know immediately if he is a 1010 Member. If you are operating on ten meters, his 1010# will be automatically logged. You may also do reverse lookups--if you know a 1010 number, find the callsign that owns it. It would be nice to have custom membership lists so a user could set up there own. So if I want to know if someone is a member of CWOPS, I could add and populate that list. It seems the awards tracking is almost there.

73, Joe AF1E
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Memberships

Post by G4POP »

This has been requested before and we have considered it

However one of our concerns is that because our software is used internationally and because the Data protection laws vary so much from country to country that we could expose ourselves to legal action if we listed peoples personal data like that?
73 Terry G4POP
af1e
Novice Class

Re: Memberships

Post by af1e »

I was really looking for the support to display any memberships from lists that I load so doubt any GDPR issue since I am controlling the data. In any event, I created my own dashboard with this information using a UDP send from Log4OM and a Node Red Flow that does a lookup in a sqlite database I created and displays the info on a dashboard. Works great. Thanks for having bidirectional UDP communications.