CWSkimmer Telnet QSY Integration

n6cta
New user

CWSkimmer Telnet QSY Integration

Post by n6cta »

Hello,

It would be nice if CWSkimmer was controlled by Log4OM and vice versa using the telnet interface. Specifically the QSY feature would be great. Currently when I click on a spot in CWSkimmer, Log4OM enters the callsign but does not change frequency. Likewise when I click on a spot in Log4OM, CWSkimmer does not change frequency. This shouldn't be too bad to implement as the backend already exists and is well documented.

The full set of telnet commands are available in the software documentation.

Thanks!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CWSkimmer Telnet QSY Integration

Post by G4POP »

Use Omnirig with all programs set to 'run as an administator'
73 Terry G4POP
F6FLU
Old Man

Post by F6FLU »

Hello
Personally I use Log4OM (via Omnirig) and CW Skimmer,
but I can't seem to do exactly what you say.

If I click on a call in CWSkimmer in fact, Log4OM retrieves the frequency and indeed switches the TX to this frequency but that does not put the call decoded in CWSkimmer in the CALL field of Log4OM,
but if I click on this call in the BandMap of the cluster then I recover this call well.

Otherwise, for Log4OM to set the frequency of the station from Log4OM's BandMap, you have to double-click on the call in the BandMap and not just click.

If someone knows how to do so that: if you click on a call decoded in CW SKimmer this call can come directly into the CALL field of Log4OM I'm interested :-)
Dan - F6FLU
Log4OM V2.32.1.0 - Windows 11 - i9-11900K - SSD 512Go - 32 Go
FTdx101D - Hexbeam - Wired dipole 40-30M
https://F6FLU.org
F6FLU
Old Man

Post by F6FLU »

obviously you have to validate the Telnet server in CW SKimmer and connect to it from Log4OM :-)
Dan - F6FLU
Log4OM V2.32.1.0 - Windows 11 - i9-11900K - SSD 512Go - 32 Go
FTdx101D - Hexbeam - Wired dipole 40-30M
https://F6FLU.org
n6cta
New user

Post by n6cta »

G4POP wrote: 07 Mar 2023, 13:24 Use Omnirig with all programs set to 'run as an administator'
Hello,

First off, thanks for the help G4POP! I wish it were as easy as this. I actually read the manual so I'm aware of this potential issue. The problem is that Omnirig is not used in all modes available in CWSkimmer.

Softrock-IF uses Omnirig but the passband of CWSkimmer is limited in this usecase. When plain Softrock mode is used I can get a full 192KHz whereas in Softrock-IF CWSkimmer's passband is limited to 24KHz.

Implementing the QSY telnet command on a per cluster basis would also allow for the control of multiple instances of CWSkimmer depending on which skimmer provided the spot. This would be helpful say running two RSPduos and four instances of CWSkimmer to cover 10/15/20/40 simultaneously.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks again!