Version 2.27.1.0 problem

k1xh
Novice Class

Re: Version 2.27.1.0 problem

Post by k1xh »

It took me forever to get things working the way they need to. Now you are telling me that I need to delete everything and rebuild it?

Are you serious?

The name is clearly displayed in the callsign area.
What UDP conversation is going on to populate the log with information it already has?

Are we speaking about the same thing?

(sorry to be so dense, it seems like an internal problem rather than UDP connections to other software)

Micky K1XH
k1xh
Novice Class

Post by k1xh »

Oh, and the link you posted needs repair
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

k1xh wrote: 05 May 2023, 01:49 Oh, and the link you posted needs repair
Micky,

My apologies on the bad link. I've corrected it in my post above and have also added it below.

However if you read the Release Notes it says the same thing in that the old UDPs have to be deleted and rebuilt to properly function.

viewtopic.php?t=8260
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
k1xh
Novice Class

Post by k1xh »

Thanks for fixing the link... (and thanks for all the help you give!)
But I still cannot get it to populate the name and address field in the log.
Both name and address are correctly displayed in the callsign window, but not transferred to the logging window when finished with an FT8 exchange.

What specific settings do I need to enable in order to log name & address for FT8 QSO's like it used to do in previous versions?

I deleted everything and started over and just can't get it to work.

Micky K1XH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

k1xh wrote: 07 May 2023, 02:41 Thanks for fixing the link... (and thanks for all the help you give!)
But I still cannot get it to populate the name and address field in the log.
Both name and address are correctly displayed in the callsign window, but not transferred to the logging window when finished with an FT8 exchange.

What specific settings do I need to enable in order to log name & address for FT8 QSO's like it used to do in previous versions?

I deleted everything and started over and just can't get it to work.

Micky K1XH
I see that your only a 'Ham member' of QRZ not, as is required for full data downlod, an xml piad subscriber this would cause the lack of data using the API download for updating logged fields

Choices

1. Renew or subscribe to QRZ as a paid xml subscriber
2. Check login settings in the Log4OM config at settings/program configuration/Info providers
3. Use HamQTH as the primary lookup source
73 Terry G4POP
k1xh
Novice Class

Post by k1xh »

Thanks Terry

I WILL NOT subscribe to QRZ. I have no need for it.
I reconfigured my external lookup to HamQTH long ago, and it has worked perfectly (and very quickly) ever since.
My login info is correct, (green checkmarks) and JTDX seemingly works flawlessly with Log4OM as does JTAlert.

I have a feeling that no one knows about this undocumented feature enough to explain it here to eliminate confusion.

The callsign info (name, address, grid, etc.) section is fine. Name and address appear, as well as other pertinent info (LoTW, etc.) and there is no problem with that. The problem lies when the FT8 QSO is complete, all that info that was looked up (most notably NAME & ADDRESS) is not transferred to the log. I use no other log than Log4OM.

I can't understand why info that was already looked up, cannot be transferred to the other part of the same program. If that can't happen (like it used to do in previous versions) then I believe in my opinion, that something is broken.

I am truly sorry if I am mistaken, but if someone could explain this situation to me, or even detail the exact change that happened. I have searched the release notes and the user guide. Did I miss something?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Micky K1XH