Grid Square display in QSO Input window

KD9NHZ
Novice Class

Grid Square display in QSO Input window

Post by KD9NHZ »

I'd like to see grid received from WSJT-X on the QSO Input screen and on the map. Is there a way to configure Log4OM to display grid received from WSJT-X?

If I click on call in WSJT-X then call sign is getting populated in Log4OM, external service are called and I can see data in Country field and in Info(F2). But the grid field remains blank, and map in Main(F6) is showing wrong location - looks like center of the country, e.g. Kansas for US.
When a QSO is in progress in an external program like WSJT etc the Log4OM lookup is only displayed it is not what is
saved when the QSO is completed by the WSJT software sending the QSO via UDP
UNLESS the user elects to update the data received in the QSO sent from the external program in the Program
Configuration menu shown below
But my configuration screen looks different than screenshot on page 54 in https://www.log4om.com/l4ong/usermanual ... NG_ENU.pdf. I deleted connection and added new JT_MESSEGE, but there is no option related to GRID there:
Screenshot 2023-03-27 112945.png
Screenshot 2023-03-27 112945.png (30.25 KiB) Viewed 325 times
The grid shown in the normal input window of Log4OM is retrieved from the external source selected by the user (QRZ, HamQTH etc) NOT what is received from the FT software (JTDX, WSJT, Gridtracker etc) its purely a visual display and not saved with the incoming FT QSO

Regardless of what is displayed in the input window its the grid received from the FT software that is/should be logged.
source: https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php?p=42680#p42680

I'd like to see grid received from WSJT-X, not from external services. Especially if external services give me blank.
For the GRID input field (and map) this order would be better in my optionion:
1. User input, if any
2. Data from Software Integrations / Connections (JTDX, WSJT, Gridtracker etc), if any received
3. else data from Info Providers

After completing QSO and clicking OK in WSJT-X the correct grid is logged in Log4OM.

Using version 2.27.1.0 in Windows 11.

Thanks,
KD9NHZ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Grid Square display in QSO Input window

Post by G4POP »

KD9NHZ wrote: 27 Mar 2023, 16:55 I'd like to see grid received from WSJT-X on the QSO Input screen and on the map. Is there a way to configure Log4OM to display grid received from WSJT-X?
No the input screen cant be configured to display anything other than the lookup from external sources
73 Terry G4POP
KD9NHZ
Novice Class

Re: Grid Square display in QSO Input window

Post by KD9NHZ »

Thanks for quick answer, and thank you for all your work.

I'll post to Feature Suggestions.

73 de KD9NHZ