County (Cnty) Recorded Wrong

General discussions V2
KR0ES
Novice Class

County (Cnty) Recorded Wrong

Post by KR0ES »

When I do an ADIF import, the Cnty is recorded "IA,Mahaska". In other words, it puts the state first then a comma then the County. It is not necessary or wanted to have it formatted that way. Just the county name is needed.
Also, when using Log4OM with FLDigi, is it possible to fill in the data entry fields when the lookup is performed by FLDigi?

Thank you for any help given.

Jacob Kroes (KR0ES)
KR0ES
Novice Class

Re: County (Cnty) Recorded Wrong

Post by KR0ES »

Not much help available for this situation I see. :cry: :cry: :cry:
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Jacob,

Patience is a virtue ...

I can only address the county display with this reply.

We follow the ADIF standard of the county display: "state abbreviation then county name" and no it won't be changed.

I'm sure that one of the other support team members will try and answer your question related to FLDigi as they have time and/or experience with that mode.
Attachments
adif-counties.JPG
adif-counties.JPG (51.6 KiB) Viewed 682 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KR0ES
Novice Class

Post by KR0ES »

Nolan,

If that's the case with the ADIF format, then why when I import to N3FJP ACL for instance, the state is parsed from the county. The same holds true for importing into Ham Radio Deluxe. I'm not asking to change the ADIF format. But I'm asking that Log4OM can parse the State info out of the County field.
Thanks for your response. Overall, I really like Log4OM.

73 Jacob KR0ES
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

KR0ES wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 18:30 Nolan,

If that's the case with the ADIF format, then why when I import to N3FJP ACL for instance, the state is parsed from the county. The same holds true for importing into Ham Radio Deluxe. I'm not asking to change the ADIF format. But I'm asking that Log4OM can parse the State info out of the County field.
Thanks for your response. Overall, I really like Log4OM.

73 Jacob KR0ES
Jacob,

I can't speak for how Scott programs ACL or how the folks at Ham Radio Deluxe processes their data.

Currently (and since Log4OM V1) this is how such has been processed in this APP' environment.

You can suggest such a change in the Feature Request portion of the Forum if you like.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX