LOG4OM slow in starting up

General discussions V2
PA1EJO
Novice Class

LOG4OM slow in starting up

Post by PA1EJO »

Slow means, I was waiting for 1,5 to 2 minutes until it showed my logbook, too much for the nervous novice CW operator.

When LOG4OM is slow in starting up (like I had for several months) you may want to check whether it properly displays the Kp and A values in the upper right corner. If this is not the case then it probably does not read those values (Kp and A) properly, as you can see in the logfile, it was the case with the version I had. I'm not sure where it gets it from, for my QRL activities I get them from the GFZ in Potsdam and occasionally directories or formats are known to change. The remedy was simple: update to the latest stable version v.2.27.1.0 and the problem is fixed.

Is log4om slower (in starting up for instance) than normal depending on the size of your database? I have 17k+ QSOs stored in the database, and for QSL card management and just looking back at what you did in the past during non-contest operations it is very useful to see who you worked before. I'm not yet convinced log4om become slower due to the database size. I'm more focusing on what I find in the logfile when it becomes slow again.