Link Rig ID to Omnirig ID

m0eas
Novice Class

Link Rig ID to Omnirig ID

Post by m0eas »

I regularly switch between my 7610 (Omnirig Rig ) and KX3 (Omnirig Rig 2). Each setup as Rig 1 & 2 in L4OM user configuration.
This enables a record in the L4OM of which equipment I used for a QSO.

Changing Omnirig manually works fine but to change RIG stamp in the database requires signing out and back in under a new profile.

Feature suggestions to improve handling of a user change from within the application itself :

Improvement # 1) Link the User config to a default Omnirig config in the USER CONFIGURATION. When the user signs in using the Omnirig profile is set automatically. The user can still change the Omnirig profile as normal afterwards if required. This will eliminate changing manually when I sign in.

> a) Add new parameter in USER CONFIG to mark as default Omnirig RIG ID
> b) Login sets Omnirig ID correctly.

Improvement # 2) Provide ability to change USER Config (and thus Rig in use) without having to sign out/ back in.**

> a) Add new parameter in USER CONFIG to mark as default USER Config. This is the profile used by default.
> b) Present the user with a USER Config selection box during sign on. The default appears as set in (a) above. If Only one profile exists in (a) above, the sign on box does NOT appear.
> c) Add 'Switch User Configuration' option to the CONNECT drop down main menu. This would in affect replicate backups etc to the database/ Services as if closing down and reopen the new profile, all without actually shutting down the application.

** If not possible just a method of changing Rig / Antenna profile via a new drop down menu selection based upon user profile.

Many thanks