Grid information wrong

V2 error reports
N3AIR
Novice Class

Grid information wrong

Post by N3AIR »

When doing callsign lookup the Grid square it displays is incorrect. This is happening on 2.28.0, I know this was a bug before, but believe it was fixed.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Grid information wrong

Post by KI5IO »

N3AIR wrote: 23 Jun 2023, 22:08 When doing callsign lookup the Grid square it displays is incorrect. This is happening on 2.28.0, I know this was a bug before, but believe it was fixed.
Courtney,

I've done several callsign lookups for gridsquare anomalies and I'm not seeing any. Unless FM19lx is not your gridsquare else it is wrong in QRZ as well.

I have no other APPs running. Just Log4OM and I manually entered in the callsign including yours.

What is your Primary Source for Info Providers? QRZ, HamQTH, QRZCQ, HamCall

Attachments
MainUI-gridsquare-qrz.JPG
MainUI-gridsquare-qrz.JPG (58.08 KiB) Viewed 1152 times
MainUI-gridsquare.JPG
MainUI-gridsquare.JPG (57.04 KiB) Viewed 1152 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
N3AIR
Novice Class

Post by N3AIR »

QRZ.COM, I will take some screenshots showing the issue looking up various calls signs and the grid result.
DM1TBE
Novice Class

Post by DM1TBE »

N3AIR wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 02:15 QRZ.COM, I will take some screenshots showing the issue looking up various calls signs and the grid result.
I have made them a video about the grid lookup not working properly, the response was just "I dont have an issue with.....".
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

DM1TBE wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 06:42
N3AIR wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 02:15 QRZ.COM, I will take some screenshots showing the issue looking up various calls signs and the grid result.
I have made them a video about the grid lookup not working properly, the response was just "I dont have an issue with.....".
Tom,

FYI - Video is not available for viewing. Can you refresh?
Plano, TX
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Courtney,

Be sure to also note your operating environment with Log4OM. IE: Are you doing manual Main UI entry, importing via ADIF, UDP Inbound feed, etc., etc..

Or, as I indicated with my test above, I did a simple manual entry to the Main UI with no other APPs (IE: FTxx, etc..) connected and running.
Plano, TX
DM1TBE
Novice Class

Post by DM1TBE »

KI5IO wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 10:41
Tom,

Sure, https://streamable.com/t27pim
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

DM1TBE wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 11:55
KI5IO wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 10:41

Tom,

Sure, https://streamable.com/t27pim
Tom,

Bummer from me. I've tried to replicate and am not able to do so.

Gridsquares stick or refresh properly and do not go "blank".

I'll keep trying to see if I can come up with a combination that replicates what you are seeing.

Not too many choices in the Config/Info Providers section anymore, but below is what I have chosen with my installation.
Attachments
infoproviders-1.JPG
infoproviders-1.JPG (90.06 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
infoproviders.JPG
infoproviders.JPG (77.84 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
Plano, TX
DM1TBE
Novice Class

Post by DM1TBE »

Thank you very much, Nolan, for taking care of the problem. Currently, I cannot reproduce the issue myself. It is not always there. Instead, there is another issue with the grid information. It is populated with the 4-digit locator of the country center, or in the case of the US, the center of the US state. For your callsign, it returns EM11. QRZ.com connection is tested - see the green arrow. If I am the only one with such a problem, then I think it will not be your first priority - I understand that. But maybe those pieces of information help you somehow if it is related to other grid problems, such as Courtney's, whose thread I have shamelessly captured here.

KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Tom,

More bummers from my testing ... I had to make a run to another community that has a great Farmer's Market so I stocked up on our veggies for the week direct from the farm.

Now have done more testing.

The middle of country issue was major issue we were having and the ability to set the Info Providers/Configuration was causing most of the problem. Ergo, Lele changed that panel and removed the fully customizable options of sort order, etc.. That was noted with Versions 2.24 and 2.25

I've added my Configuration/Preferences page below and am wondering if the "Perform call search on leave" will make any difference for you. I've tried it on/off and also with the Callsign search on TAB on/off, but could not tell any difference for me.

One more thing ... do you have at least an XML Data Subscriber membership at QRZ.com? Your profile page does not indicate that you are a member of any level at QRZ.com ... Albeit sometimes OMs are members and for some reason it does not show up in their profile page.

With at least an XML membership the data one gets is the full bore of information. If not (at least an XML member) the data received is minimal at best and does only include 4-digt grids, etc., etc..

That may also be part of the issue, but if you have an XML Data Membership then we still need to continue digging.

One more item here that I've also shared with Courtney ...

FWIW - Go to : Settings / Update Resources and do individual updates for Clublog, Country File and CTY File.

Wait for that process to complete. Once done an icon will appear just to the left of the Note field and when you open the icon it will advise which of the updates has completed.

Once you ask for an update it works in the background so you don't see a rotating clock or such ... just the icon that pops up with various messages of what has been completed.
Attachments
config-performances.JPG
config-performances.JPG (80.18 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
Plano, TX