The Data Entry View

ng7v
Advanced Class

The Data Entry View

Post by ng7v »

Not so long ago, maybe 3 or 4 versions ago, a new item appeared in the View menu. Wow! a minimalist view of the default data entry form. I was really happy to see it because it made sense to have a small form to enter a new logbook entry without all the distractions of the larger form.

Good idea! The Data Entry form was exactly what we needed to save a bit of real estate on our screens. I don't know about all other users but I am running out of screen surface all the time and finally a small form. Well it turns out, the small form is not that small. I wish I could say, hide the right side completely to make it really small. I don't check much of the awards, stats and rarely the contact info because I get that during my qso and if I really need it, I can dig it out in other ways.

So, to shorten this request, would it be possible to at least unlock the form horizontally or give me a way to unlock it? Better yet, how about a button that hides the right side of it. At a minimum, would it be possible to resize the form to make it smaller in the next revision, there is a bit of dead space on the right of everything that would contribute in giving me a bit more empty area on my desktop.

Thank you!
Ron (NG7V)