Using LOG4OM with Time Mapper

GM8YUI
Novice Class

Using LOG4OM with Time Mapper

Post by GM8YUI »

I am currently evaluating EI8IC's Time Mapper program. This program has the ability to plot live Amateur Radio contacts (aka QSOs) that are received via its UDP Feed on a world map and show the Call Sign beneath the map. These contacts can come from an Amateur Radio Log program.
The map program displays my QSO like it should if I use N1MM+ as my log. However I have been unable to make it work with Log4OM.
I have tried various settings of outgoing UDP feeds but none work. I would like to know if it is possible to forward the live OSO being logged to an external program and if so can someone tell me how to do it.
I have looked at various posts regarding UDP on the forum but none would seem to solve my problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. If you have not seen Time Mapper it is a wonderful program that can generate a 4k UHD map with numerous overlays including a section devoted to Ham Radio that includes CQ Zones, ITU Zones, IARU Regions, Grid Locators, Ham Prefixes, NCDXF Beacons, PSK Reporter and live logging.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Using LOG4OM with Time Mapper

Post by G4POP »

send me the instuctions the mapping software provides re UDP connections please
73 Terry G4POP
GM8YUI
Novice Class

Post by GM8YUI »

Hi Terry,

Thanks for getting back to me.
Here is all the information that is available from the Time Mapper Help File.
There is not a lot in it!

“The Logger Feed will listen for QSOs sent from the N1MM logging program (and other loggers that send in the same format) and display the received callsign on the map, colored by band or mode, and with optional lines and labels.

The Data Bar (the region below the map) also has an option to show details of the latest QSO in large letters: again, this is useful when showing the contest to an audience.

To configure the Logger Feed, enter a Receive IP Address and Receive Port Number to the boxes in the 'UDP Settings' panel.”

Time Mapper Logger Feed settings.png
Time Mapper Logger Feed settings.png (43.13 KiB) Viewed 1932 times
As you can see it is preset for N1MM+, but according to the Help File this can be changed to accommodate an alternative logging program that uses the same UDP format as N1MM+

My questions are:
Can LOG4OM transmit QSO information in the same format as N1MM+?
If so, what information must I put into the UDP settings of Time Mapper to enable it to receive this information?
What, if any settings do I have to apply to LOG4OM to enable the transmission of the QSOs UDP information?

Thanks for looking at this for me.
George
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Leave this with me we will check when we have time, meanwhile I will move your post to feature suggestions so that it does not get overlooked
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

In contact with Tim to find out what data and in what format he expect to receive
73 Terry G4POP
GM8YUI
Novice Class

Post by GM8YUI »

Terry,
Thanks for making time to investigate this for me.
I look forward to hearing the outcome.

The background to this query is that I run the local Scout Amateur Radio Club (MM0TSG) and we get lots of visitors to our radio shack, especially during JOTA and TDOTA.
Being able to livestream our contacts to the visitors on a cool world map would be a great addition to our resources.
Here's hoping for a positive resolution.

Thanks again for all your help.

Regards,
George, GM8YUI
n8sqt
Novice Class

Post by n8sqt »

Hi Terry,
Just curious if you've had any luck with Time Mapper UHD. I stumbled across it this week as a replacement for HamClock. Looks like it could be a good utility.
Bob N8SQT
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

n8sqt wrote: 21 Jan 2024, 00:59 Hi Terry,
Just curious if you've had any luck with Time Mapper UHD. I stumbled across it this week as a replacement for HamClock. Looks like it could be a good utility.
Bob N8SQT
Think its already there?

Timemapper new.png
Timemapper new.png (117.94 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (11.01 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
73 Terry G4POP
n8sqt
Novice Class

Post by n8sqt »

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the reply.

I saw the note about "live QSOs" and thought it would be similar to the JT_MESSAGE feed. After using the ADIF_MESSAGE you noted, I got the logging to display. I guess I was hoping for more interactive display like GridTracker or HamClock. I think I'll just reconfigure HamClock on my RPi.

I'm enjoying Log4OM, though. Great work!

Cheers,
Bob N8SQT
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

n8sqt wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 07:12 Hi Terry,

Thanks for the reply.

I saw the note about "live QSOs" and thought it would be similar to the JT_MESSAGE feed. After using the ADIF_MESSAGE you noted, I got the logging to display. I guess I was hoping for more interactive display like GridTracker or HamClock. I think I'll just reconfigure HamClock on my RPi.

I'm enjoying Log4OM, though. Great work!

Cheers,
Bob N8SQT
Don't know what else we could add because TH UHD only provides mapping of existing log entries and new, not quiet real-time, entries ?

What exactly are you expecting?
73 Terry G4POP