Using LOG4OM with Time Mapper

EI8IC
New user

Re: Using LOG4OM with Time Mapper

Post by EI8IC »

Hi - this is Tim EI8IC here, the author of 'Time Mapper UHD'. Yes, the latest version of the program (v1.7.2.0) will show live QSOs from Log4OM. Terry had asked me for what the 'Time Mapper UHD' was expecting, and I passed on the information that it looked for the same as what the N1MM logger outputs, but then, after hearing no more from him, I downloaded my own copy of Log4OM and found the program sends a QSO in the form of ADIF data, which I had no problem handling.

The 'Time Mapper UHD' comes with an extensive Help file, also shown online. Have a look at the 'Configuring LOG4OM' section here: https://www.mapability.com/ei8ic/tmu/help/hs880.htm
Any further questions, please email me - I don't bite - but I don't always have time to to follow questions on forums.

Ditto feature requests - perhaps Bob N8SQT will explain exactly what he would like to see?

This page: https://www.mapability.com/ei8ic/tmu/help/hs650.htm
might also be of interest, as it explains the different ways that your QSOs can be plotted:
1/ All QSOs, Colored by Band
2/ All QSOs, Colored by Mode
3/ All Countries - Country Name Label
4/ All Countries - Prefix Label
5/ All Countries - Flag

The 'Countries' option is useful if the map is getting rather crowded with callsigns!

There are extensive 'Style' settings for the Points, Lines, and Labels, and these are saved individually for each of the 25 different background-maps.

You can also add 'Intensity Decay', to make QSOs fade from the map after a pre-determined period. This is very useful during, say, a long contest so that the map does not get too crowded.

Additionally, as a feature that is useful when showing the contest to an audience, such as a large-screen TV in your Field Day Tent, you can enable 'Logger Feed Plot Highlighting'. This will outline the last plotted QSO on the map with a large circle, for a specified number of seconds. You can set the size and color of the circle, plus its duration after the QSO is plotted, using the controls in the 'Logger Feed Plot Highlighting' panel.

The Data Bar (the region below the map) also has an option to show details of the latest QSO in large letters: again, this is useful when showing the contest to an audience.

When viewing the 'Logger Feed' map-layer, you might also find it useful to see lots of extra information about the Connection-Status, the QSOs received, and the log being created, by typing 'IL' to view the Info Bar's 'Logger Feed' page. This has a number of sub-pages that cycle automatically: QSO count; Band count and list; Mode count and list; Intensity Decay settings; List of most recent QSOs with Call, DateTime, Band, Mode, Short Path Bearing, Distance; List of Total Countries; List of Total Grid Squares; List of Countries by Band; List of Countries by Mode; List of Grid Squares by Band; List of Grid Squares by Mode.
n8sqt
Novice Class

Re: Using LOG4OM with Time Mapper

Post by n8sqt »

Yeah, I realize now that TM UHD only maps the completed contact (ADIF message). I was expecting it to take the JT_MESSAGE instead. No worries, now that I understand these details.