LOTW Uploads result in failure due to Field 9 (My Refs.)

V2 error reports
W9KMH
Novice Class

LOTW Uploads result in failure due to Field 9 (My Refs.)

Post by W9KMH »

So I'm new to Log4OM, and it works awesome for most of my stuff, except this following issue when trying to upload to LOTW (took me some time to figure out that LOTW was not automatically updating when I closed the program, now I know why):

To diagnose, I manually tried to upload a contact to LOTW using the QSL manager and tried to send the upload for a single contact, but I get an error from LOTW stating that Line 9 (log file attached of the error upload), here is the error:
"The log being signed has 'IOTA' set to value 'EN71IB' which is not valid on line 9"

So when I go into the "Edit" of the contact, I see that the "My Refs." tab has line reference for an IOTA contact. Why did the software put this in there?

The contacts were auto-imported from Netlogger ADIF file monitoring for changes, but unsure why the Log4OM software created this flag and is explaining why my uploads to LOTW are failing. I verified that LOTW link is working once I removed the instance of the IOTA link and the contact will upload successful without any issue.

I have attached the screenshot and the LOTW log file for your review, if you need more to diagnose, please let me know.

Also FYI, this is a new installation of your software on this Windows machine, and I have not run your software before.

I appreciate your work on this software, and will contribute to your funds!

73s and appreciate the help!
W9KMH
Kevin Hecksher
Attachments
QSO Record Edit.JPG
QSO Record Edit.JPG (45.83 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
Log4OM_log_20230714011030.txt
(748 Bytes) Downloaded 71 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: LOTW Uploads result in failure due to Field 9 (My Refs.)

Post by G4POP »

Can you quote a specific call sign where this occurs please
73 Terry G4POP
W9KMH
Novice Class

Post by W9KMH »

It's happening to ALL the records pulled in from the ADIF monitoring from Netlogger.

I'll pull the records after I get home today.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Please email me a netlogger ADIF file

Did you read and act on this notice in the Netlogger web site?

NOTE Regarding LoTW Support: It works differently than other loggers. If you are going to use the feature,
you need to do some setup BEFORE you log contacts that you want to upload. There's an overview page
called "LoTW Setup Overview" in the Help documentation (in the Online Electronic Logs section of the Contents page).
73 Terry G4POP
W9KMH
Novice Class

Post by W9KMH »

Just pulled up my ADIF editor, and I see that Netlogger is the one putting that field and data in, see here for a screenshot (and I have also attached the file). Do you have a way to filter out that, or is it some weird setting I have in Netlogger that is doing this, do you know?

G4POP, I just emailed you the ADIF file from Netlogger.

Again, I appreciate the help, I can manually edit the ADIF file and remove that reference, but if the program could filter out that field, that would be nice.

73s
W9KMH
Attachments
ADIF editor.JPG
ADIF editor.JPG (106.31 KiB) Viewed 972 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the email and ADIF file from Netlogger and yes I can see the issue and we will add this to our to do list on Mantis.

Please don’t expect to see changes in the immediate future because amending code to cope with the issues introduced by external software is not high on our priority list, far better that the other developer fixes it his end!

However we will add a routine to deal with this as soon as we have time, meanwhile bulk editing the ADIF file in notepad or ADIFmaster before import manually should not take you very long.
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Kevin,
Lele and I spent some time on this today and there are so many flaws in Netloggers ADIF file that we decided not to proceed further.

Probably best for you to ask the author of Netlogger to clean up his ADIF output because apart from the issue you raised there are others like the use of the IOTA fields to store a grid reference! Like <IOTA:6>EN71ib and <My_IOTA:6>EN71ib
73 Terry G4POP