Frequency not auto populating

KA1LDD
Novice Class

Frequency not auto populating

Post by KA1LDD »

I just started using LOG4OM and it is much better than HRD which I have been using for years. I got everything configured including the CAT. My problem is that the frequency for a log entry is not auto populating even though the frequency shows and tracks properly on the top. I've searched through the forum and haven't seen anyone with a similar issue. I can change frequency fine by clicking on a cluster spot, but the frequency entry stays at 0 Khz unless I enter it manually. The manual says that this should automatically fill in to your operating frequency.

I am using v. 2.28.0.0, Windows 10, 64 bit version, 16 GB Ram, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz, Omni Rig version 1.20.

Thanks,
John KA1LDD
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Frequency not auto populating

Post by G4POP »

Are you using Hamlib or Omnirig

What radio

How it the radio connected to the PC (USB or serial cable)
73 Terry G4POP
KA1LDD
Novice Class

Post by KA1LDD »

Omni Rig version 1.2

Icom IC-7700 V2 connected with USB cable
KA1LDD
Novice Class

Post by KA1LDD »

I installed Hamlib and removed Omni Rig and it is now working. It also removed a problem that I did not mention that it was changing the filter on the rig every time I clicked on a cluster spot that was on CW. Now I just need to figure out why the lookup for countries is taking so long on some callsigns.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KA1LDD wrote: 08 Aug 2023, 03:28 I installed Hamlib and removed Omni Rig and it is now working. It also removed a problem that I did not mention that it was changing the filter on the rig every time I clicked on a cluster spot that was on CW. Now I just need to figure out why the lookup for countries is taking so long on some callsigns.
Some time ago Icom changed the command structure for the IC7700 to enable the other VFO to be read and displayed properly, this was done by a firmware update.

The latest Omnirig ini file ic7700V2 is the one to use with the latest 7700 firmware.

Personally I have never found Hamlib to be reliable with my Icom radios and much presfer Omnirig, but each to his own!
73 Terry G4POP
KA1LDD
Novice Class

Post by KA1LDD »

I have not been able to get Omnirig to work for me. The radio connects, shows both frequencies, and can be controlled by the computer, but the frequency will not auto-populate in the log. Also, when I double click on a cluster spot for a CW station, it switches my radio to the 500 hz filter for some reason.

Last night I did a full re-install of Log4OM and OmniRig after uninstalling the programs and deleting the config files, and I installed the new IC7700V2 ini file. There was no difference once I started it back up.

Hamlib is not ideal because it only will show one VFO. I tried checking the box to show both, but that causes a relay in the radio to constantly click on and off so I leave it off. Everything else appears to be stable so far.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KA1LDD wrote: 10 Aug 2023, 12:40 I have not been able to get Omnirig to work for me. The radio connects, shows both frequencies, and can be controlled by the computer, but the frequency will not auto-populate in the log. Also, when I double click on a cluster spot for a CW station, it switches my radio to the 500 hz filter for some reason.

Last night I did a full re-install of Log4OM and OmniRig after uninstalling the programs and deleting the config files, and I installed the new IC7700V2 ini file. There was no difference once I started it back up.

Hamlib is not ideal because it only will show one VFO. I tried checking the box to show both, but that causes a relay in the radio to constantly click on and off so I leave it off. Everything else appears to be stable so far.
But have you updated the ICOM IC7700 firmware in your radio?
73 Terry G4POP
KA1LDD
Novice Class

Post by KA1LDD »

Yes, it is the latest version.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KA1LDD wrote: 10 Aug 2023, 14:57 Yes, it is the latest version.
Have you tried turning of antivirus and firewalls temporarily to check its not being blocked?
73 Terry G4POP
KA1LDD
Novice Class

Post by KA1LDD »

Yes, I have firewalls off and anti-virus off. Its very strange that the frequency shows op in the program, but just not on the QSO window.