No auto-upload to my logbook at the Qrz.com

la9qfa
Novice Class

No auto-upload to my logbook at the Qrz.com

Post by la9qfa »

Hi!

Thanks for this great program :)
I need help as the program does not upload new qso's from my logbook up to the Qrz.com.
I have an annual subscription for logbook data.
Api key and my call sign are inserted into the program and chekced twice, but auto update does not start. I have read a lot in the manual and watched videos on youtube but can't get it to work.
If I edit a qso in the log and go to qsl-info tab, then I select QRZ.COM from the manage confirmation dropdown menu and manually press the upload button and it works as it should.
I need some tip what to look for in my settings to get auto update to start.
What have I done wrong?
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: No auto-upload to my logbook at the Qrz.com

Post by KI5IO »

la9qfa wrote: 12 Aug 2023, 07:42 Hi!

Thanks for this great program :)
I need help as the program does not upload new qso's from my logbook up to the Qrz.com.
I have an annual subscription for logbook data.
Api key and my call sign are inserted into the program and chekced twice, but auto update does not start. I have read a lot in the manual and watched videos on youtube but can't get it to work.
If I edit a qso in the log and go to qsl-info tab, then I select QRZ.COM from the manage confirmation dropdown menu and manually press the upload button and it works as it should.
I need some tip what to look for in my settings to get auto update to start.
What have I done wrong?
Knut,

Need some data points:

What version of Log4OM are you using?

What other APPs are connected to and running with Log4OM? (IE: FTxx type APPs?)

Do you also do auto-uploads to LOTW, Clublog, etc., etc.?

Are you doing your 'manual' uploads via the QSL Manager routine located at: Utilities / QSL Manager ?

Are the QSOs being manually entered into the Main UI or being entered via a double-click from a cluster display or possibly being brought in via a UDP connection from an FTxx APP?
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
la9qfa
Novice Class

Post by la9qfa »

Hi Nolan!

Thanks for reply.
I'am running the latest version.
In addition, I have Gridtracker and Wsjtx integrated with Log4om.
This setup is working fine.
When a qso is finished in wsjtx, a dialog box appears with information about the performed qso, the same happens in Gridtracker. Then the performed qso comes in to my log Log4old.
I have only one auto upload active which goes to Qrz.com, no others.
I do NOT do the manual upload via the QSL Manager routine located at: Utilities / QSL Manager
The manual update is from edit a qso i the mainlog.
Then I push the QSL info tab, and choose QRZCOM from the dropdown meny an push upload.
The qso's in my main log come from Wsjtx's dialog box after an executed FT8 qso.
Some others qso's is entered directly in the log by myself whwn running other modes.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Knut,

What about the QSO Upload option in the UDP Inbound items?

Also ... as a curiosity ... can you do manual uploads to QRZ via the QSL Manager routine?

Just another question and layer of testing.

Attachments
udp-inbound.JPG
udp-inbound.JPG (35.77 KiB) Viewed 13475 times
Plano, TX
la9qfa
Novice Class

Post by la9qfa »

In the UDP innbound the Upload QSO was missing.

I set up the routine like the display windows you have, but no difference.
I give the the routine number 2238.
I do a test for uploading manually via the QSL manager routine, that works.* The Qso was uploaded to Qrz, but the Qrz Com sent column in my logbbok do NOT update.

I
Attachments
connections.PNG
connections.PNG (21.33 KiB) Viewed 13467 times
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Knut,

AHA ... your comment about the QRZ.com "sent column" not updating is a clue.

It appears we're having a bug with that QRZ.com upload.

I'm working with another OM (locally here in Plano, TX) about the same thing.

He will upload his CWT Q's and will get maybe 19 of 47 Q's changed from "N" to "Y" in the log ... but they all DO upload to QRZ.com.

That OM is going to turn the logging level to "Trace" and watch his Realtime log screen when he does the next CWT upload this coming Wednesday and see if anything shows up when it comes to the QRZ.com upload. He is doing his via the manual method at QSL Manager.

All his other uploads (lotw, clublog, etc.) work FB. Just QRZ.com that is giving him problems.

Tnx for that hint.
Plano, TX
k1cvh
Novice Class

Post by k1cvh »

I am having a similar problem described here.

QRZ auto uploads work just fine when Gridtracker is not running. When I use Gridtracker QRZ auto uploads stop working.

My software versions:
Log4OM v2.29.0.0
WSJT-X v2.6.1
GTridTracker v1.23.1019

Happy to send bug output if needed.I can manually upload to QRZ if I use QSL manager in Lo44OM. It's jus tthe auto upload which does not work when GT is active.

Regards,
Chris K1CVH
Attachments
Log4OM UDP Connections Screenshot 2023-11-05 093708.png
Log4OM UDP Connections Screenshot 2023-11-05 093708.png (49.11 KiB) Viewed 13222 times
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Chris,

What parameters have you selected for your UDP Inbound Connection for Gridtracker ??

There should be four options for you to engage or not engage as you have the need.

Attachments
UDP-Inbound-Options.JPG
UDP-Inbound-Options.JPG (32.09 KiB) Viewed 13217 times
Plano, TX
k1cvh
Novice Class

Post by k1cvh »

Hi Nolan.

Thanks for the reply. Based on your response I took a closer look at my Inbound UDP connection setup in Log4OM.
I believe I may have resolved it. I had two JT Message setups similar to what you posted. One the original setup I had on port 2236. A similar setup on port 2238 which I created based on watching a video. on Youtube. The setup on port 2238 I disabled and re-enabled the setup on port 2236. This seemingly works now. Auto upload to QRZ and EQSL no work after the requisite time delay after the QSO is logged in Log4OM.

I believe the setup on port 2238 enabled Gridtracker to log to those services. I prefer to have Log4OM do the auto uploads to the various services (QRZ, ARRL, and EQSL). Hence, I disabled that UDP_INBOUND on port 2238 and all seems well for now.

I'll keep an eye on this for a day. I enjoy using Gridtracker with WSJT-X but it's very convenient to have Log4OM take care of the logging to the external services.

Thanks and 73.
--Chris K1CVH
k1cvh
Novice Class

Post by k1cvh »

Follow-up to my previous post.
Apparently after reviewing my UDP Inbound connections setup on Log4OM and checking my WSJT-X and Gridtracker setup, I am still having a problem with QRZcom auto-upload from Log4OM. Log4OM uploads automatically to QRZ if not using Gridtracker but with Gridtracker on, the new log enrty is never uploaded. The logbook entry status column for QRZ stays at no. I can manually upload using the QSL manager though. Perhaps a bug?

--Chris K1CVH