Call Mapping

General discussions V2
EI2GLB
Old Man

Call Mapping

Post by EI2GLB »

Hi All

E51D is being reported as South Cook and they are on North Cook,

Is there a way I can change this, I have updated all the files and I am using version 2.26.0.7

Thanks
Trevor
EI2GLB
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Call Mapping

Post by DF5WW »

If i fill in the call in the Callsign field i get South Cook. Have you updated all the files like CTY, Country File, Clublog and the
"Non standard calls" ?. I´ve done so and it work fine. By the way, if you worked him in FT8 and logging via JTalert you must
download also the new callsign database from the JTalert site. This file is actual from today.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Trevor,

Manual entry of e51d into Main UI at my installation shows North Cook Island.

But then I'm not having any of the FTxx inputs affecting things as I only work CW.

BTW - the current version of Log4OM is: V2.28.0.4

Your version is multiple releases old.
Attachments
e51d.JPG
e51d.JPG (51.47 KiB) Viewed 907 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
EI2GLB
Old Man

Post by EI2GLB »

Thanks for the reply Nolan,

I got it to update somehow so all is ok now it's showing as North Cook,

And I just can't face having to setup all the UDP stuff again when I upgrade,

My setup works, I am not too sure how I got it to do so. but I know that if I mess with any part of it that it will more than likely fail,

So for the time being I will hold off on messing with it,

Trevor
EI2GLB
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

EI2GLB wrote: 30 Aug 2023, 01:27 Thanks for the reply Nolan,

I got it to update somehow so all is ok now it's showing as North Cook,

And I just can't face having to setup all the UDP stuff again when I upgrade,

My setup works, I am not too sure how I got it to do so. but I know that if I mess with any part of it that it will more than likely fail,

So for the time being I will hold off on messing with it,

Trevor
EI2GLB
Trevor,

When you decide to move to the newer releases ... first take screen clips and/or write down in detail your current UDP settings, port values, etc., etc.. This from the Configuration / Connections panel and also make note of the other JTxx settings that are on different panels or tabs.

Actually doing that step now would be wise just to have tucked away on your desk somewhere to have "just in case".

I've found that have those port IDs (for WSJTx, JTDX, JTAlert, Gridtracker, N1MM+) written down makes it far easier to enable the new UDP connections.

The port values that are in the U.G., etc., are just "samples" and not gospel for what you have chosen for your installation.

One thing to keep in mind is that once you do move to the newer release you will have to "delete" those existing UDP connections and "install" new ones. Modifying/editing the old/existing ones won't work.

The new UDP Connections are quite easy and have neat features and it makes it far easier.

BTW - Tnx for using Log4OM. Oh, I've also seen on many reflectors the South Cook and North Cook issues related to e51d and various country files and similar that all log developers use needed to be updated it seems. They got it sorted so that is good.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX