Missing Sent Confirmations

V2 error reports
M0XYG
Advanced Class

Missing Sent Confirmations

Post by M0XYG »

Hi team. Great program still. Thanks for the hard work.

I've upgraded to the beta 2.28.04 the day after it came out.
Windows 10, although old it's a decent spec laptop I7,250Gb SSD, 64Gb Ram.

In the middle of a stream of logging contacts yesterday L4OM seems to have not sent some confirmation uploads randomly to the external systems. I can only think that I may have logged them then gone back into the contact to add some comment about a radio / antenna/ power or similar as the QSO progressed but maybe before the slightly delayed upload to external has taken place?
All the LOtW contacts went fine on shut down.
Is there something I'm missing to get this working right or a minor glitch as this could happen many times in mini pile ups.

Hopefully the attached shows the issue.

When I go into the QSO I can manually upload the conformations to the relevant externals without issue and this is how I have 'fixed' these ones for now.

Thanks
Marc M0XYG
Attachments
missing.doc
(190 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
M0XYG
Advanced Class

Re: Missing Sent Confirmations

Post by M0XYG »

Hi Again, a minor update.

I just had a 'Duplicate' return from QRZ when trying manually to upload those and sure enough they appear to have made it to QRZ at the time so something is a little off when logged then reopening the QSO to add detail maybe like resetting the sent flag?
As always I'm sure you will come up with the solution either to my stupidity or the fix if a real world issue :ugeek:

Thanks
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

M0XYG wrote: 01 Sep 2023, 06:39 Hi Again, a minor update.

I just had a 'Duplicate' return from QRZ when trying manually to upload those and sure enough they appear to have made it to QRZ at the time so something is a little off when logged then reopening the QSO to add detail maybe like resetting the sent flag?
As always I'm sure you will come up with the solution either to my stupidity or the fix if a real world issue :ugeek:

Thanks
Marc,

I've been working with an OM who lives down the street from me about this same thing.

The "N" label does not always get flipped to "Y" for the QRZCOM and EQSL uploads. Even though the QSO "does" get transferred into those respective servers.

What the local OM has been doing (for now) ... he confirms that the QSO (all) have been logged/saved at the various servers and then he uses the QSL Manager routine and changes the "N" to "Y" in the Log4OM log. That saves the 'repeat' notice when you try to upload the QSO again.

Lele is aware and we're still gathering more data.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

If that happens, please check program log:
If the QSO gets uploaded correctly you have this:

[QRZCOM UPLOAD] Upload successful: + answer from QRZ + for QSO " + qso call and other info
that happens if QRZ returns:

RESULT=OK or the answer contains "duplicate" (so in case of dupes, Log4OM will consider the QSO as "uploaded correctly")

Then you should see:
[QRZCOM UPLOAD] saving QSO
and
[QRZCOM UPLOAD] upload completed

If something goes wrong, the answer logged contains the ANSWER FROM QRZ that could be useful to identify the issue:

[QRZCOM UPLOAD] Upload failed: '" + answer + "' for QSO + + qso call and other info

So, if that error happens, please open program log (in the same day, as the log is cleared daily) and find if you have one of the above strings (probably the upload failed but...) and provide us some more info from there

Thanks
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
M0XYG
Advanced Class

Post by M0XYG »

Thanks Both for the fast responses.
Will keep an eye out and post the logs as I note them occurring.