Retrieve CREDITED QSL's

General discussions V2
w9mdb
Old Man

Re: Retrieve CREDITED QSL's

Post by w9mdb »

Since we can "Add not found" which works for LOTW download it seems DXCC is even more important to have "Add not found" for the DXCC download - just default the time to noon or such....don't really care about the time. The DXCC credit granted it is the bible. So being able to import 50 years old QSOs from that is more than handy.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

w9mdb wrote: 16 Sep 2023, 20:47 Since we can "Add not found" which works for LOTW download it seems DXCC is even more important to have "Add not found" for the DXCC download - just default the time to noon or such....don't really care about the time. The DXCC credit granted it is the bible. So being able to import 50 years old QSOs from that is more than handy.
I agree but meanwhile I am trying to help the guys immediate issue
73 Terry G4POP
w9mdb
Old Man

Post by w9mdb »

You are talking about helping my guys issue?

It's just that the Award view doesn't show all his credit granted because the old qsos aren't in his digital log.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

w9mdb wrote: 16 Sep 2023, 21:25 You are talking about helping my guys issue?
Well I was because you said they would not import because the QSO's had no time data?

I suggested that we try to fix this while we are resoloving the issue in Log4OM but i guess that message did not get through.

However Lele is aware so I will leave it to him to do an update for old credits download from LOTW

CUL
73 Terry G4POP
wb2bin
Advanced Class

Post by wb2bin »

For what it is worth....I had a discussion with DXCC people at ARRL because I had some old QSL's that I had sent in and credited but they did not show in my L4omV2. I checked my LOTW and they did not show either for band but did show for the challenge. The reason I got is "That is the way it is". I am thinking now of manually updating Log4OM manually.

Greg
w9mdb
Old Man

Post by w9mdb »

I can give you a bit of history....
DXCC credit doesn't care about time.
I've told them all they need to do is add time to the form you fill out on the web but they haven't done that.
That would have been one more field they had to manually input into their logs and then the database in the old days and nobody cared about time...so not in there. Saves them a bit of time (play on words).