automatic upload settings not working

General discussions V2
ve3wej
Old Man

automatic upload settings not working

Post by ve3wej »

I have qrz.com, eqsl and clublog to upload ( delayed ), but they are not sending. If I go to utilities and start the uploads in that window, it will upload. I did not notice when it started, currently on beta 2.28.0.8.

is there another spot to check in configuration/external or elsewhere, maybe to check on the time delay setting??
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: automatic upload settings not working

Post by KI5IO »

ve3wej wrote: 10 Sep 2023, 22:46 I have qrz.com, eqsl and clublog to upload ( delayed ), but they are not sending. If I go to utilities and start the uploads in that window, it will upload. I did not notice when it started, currently on beta 2.28.0.8.

is there another spot to check in configuration/external or elsewhere, maybe to check on the time delay setting??
What options do you have selected on your UDP Inbound Ports ?
Attachments
UDP-inbound.JPG
UDP-inbound.JPG (39.18 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
ve3wej
Old Man

Post by ve3wej »

I have added that and I will see, even if I dont understand what inbound has to do with sending to externals.

we will advise if it works
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

ve3wej wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 14:20 I have added that and I will see, even if I dont understand what inbound has to do with sending to externals.

we will advise if it works
Are the QSOs coming into your Log4OM from an FTxx APP?

These settings directly affect how the FTxx QSOs are handled.
Plano, TX
ve3wej
Old Man

Post by ve3wej »

ok, I added as your screen shot, restarted log4om, and no auto upload.

I am stumped again
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Dave,

I should have asked earlier some of these items.

Is your issue related only to the "auto-upload" feature with ALL of the External Services or just some of them?

If you can do the "manual upload" via the QSL Manager then that verifies your logins/usernames/passwords, etc.. are all working.

If you do a CW or SSB QSO (via data entry in the Main UI) do those QSOs get uploaded via the "auto-upload" feature? Or does it just impact the FTxx QSOs that are fed into Log4OM via the UDP Inbound Connection ports?

One additional good source for you to look at is the logfile at: Help / Open log file and view that log.

I would enable the "auto-upload" features then once you see this happen again take a look at the log file (noted in graf above) and see if there are any messages there that might give a clue as to an error. This would help narrow down the issue.

I'm going to assume that after you installed Log4OM V 2.27.1.0 where there were substantial changes made to the UDP Inbound configuration that you noted the Release Notes and deleted and rebuilt your UDP Inbound Connections so they would work with that new release.

A bit to chew on, but noting what might show up in the log may be a good source to start.

Sry for my extended delay in answering, but our power was cut and has been out for the past 4-hours so we're happy to have it back on and the HVAC working again.
Plano, TX
ve3wej
Old Man

Post by ve3wej »

well, between playing with the udp additions, and up/or upgrading to 2.29 uploads are working again. Thanks for the help

you can close this, and if an issue comes back, I will know what to investigate before asking next time.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

ve3wej wrote: 13 Sep 2023, 00:06 well, between playing with the udp additions, and up/or upgrading to 2.29 uploads are working again. Thanks for the help

you can close this, and if an issue comes back, I will know what to investigate before asking next time.
Dave,

Excellent news. :D :D
Plano, TX
VK3DGO
New user

Post by VK3DGO »

Hi,

Thanks for getting to the bottom of this. I had the same problem when I updated to v2.28 so I rolled back to the previous version. I then updated again when 2.29 was released and again, the same thing happened. Similarly, it would not pre-populate the Operator's details from QRZ using the look-up.

Following the above steps to reselect the UDP options fixed it for me. I'm so relieved.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I'm investigating on those issues. It seems happens only when releasing a major version, but our internal alpha testings are using exactly the same release process as the main release...
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH