Help for Technophobes

General discussions V2
g0ube
New user

Help for Technophobes

Post by g0ube »

Hi
I am new to PC logging and find "ALL" the manuals and YouTube videos don't hep a newcomer. The often briefly comment "Configure" something or "Enter your settings" all without explaining where you get this information and what is needed. When asking for help the assumption is that a newcomer should understand.
This software seems very complicated with so many setting to make. I have entered 32 years of paper log into a PC log (Not Log4om) and most is lost and data is missing because someone "Got it going for me"

So my question is where can you get a grounding in PC logging in plain English and not "Computer"?

Yes I have read the manual. Yes I have seen the many YouTube videos. They all fall short as they assume you know what they are on about, and understand the many wonderful features.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Help for Technophobes

Post by G4POP »

Contact me direct byn email and I will arrange to help you either by phone, skype, teamviewer or any other method

email is on QRZ de G4POP
73 Terry G4POP
g0ube
New user

Re: Help for Technophobes

Post by g0ube »

Sorry not been back. I've been trying to work it out with a little help from a user. So much to try and learn with little information. My friend is just as I described in my post assuming you should know certain things about PC Logging which I don't. I am getting on with winlog32 that seems a lot more intuitive to use. The manual is no better but the menus etc seem to make more sense.