Missing POTA or WWFF from the list (sometimes)

Update and distribution of news relating to awards

Moderator: OE6CLD

EA1PJ
Novice Class

Missing POTA or WWFF from the list (sometimes)

Post by EA1PJ »

Hi,

lately I have found that when I go to enter, i.e., a POTA reference of Z35XXX, when I access the list of awards (QSO entry screen), the POTA option does not appear. I accessed the awards manager and there I found how to enter the reference which I had just worked. Finally. But, I have discovered that this method is not entirely correct, since, although the POTA option appears in the list of awards, it only appears that particular reference, and what is worse, the reference appears in all the POTA lists of the other countries. For example, in the G- (UK), it appears, Z-YYY (the one I added in the awards manager). Same when it happens with WFF. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem? By the way, I update all the award files every week, so it doesn't seem that it's a matter of updates.

Thank you in advance. Carlos, EA1PJ
EA1PJ
Novice Class

Re: Missing POTA or WWFF from the list (sometimes)

Post by EA1PJ »

I reply to myself to add more info. I worked W8S, Swains Island which has a POTA reference and a WWFF reference. None of both awards appear on the drop down list, logging screen or editing screen, there is no difference. I introduced both references using the award manager, and "voila", POTA and WWFF appear on the drop down list and each of both offered the Swains Island reference to choose.

I deleted both references from the Award Manager, and once again, POTA and WWFF, dissapeared from the drop down list. May this give any light?

73 Carlos EA1PJ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Log4om depends on the pota data contained in the POTA DOWCNLOAD file, if that file does not contain a reference it cannot display it or if there are NO references for a country neither will the award name be displayed.

BTW check the user guide about adding missing references, you don't have to use award manager all the time!
73 Terry G4POP
EA1PJ
Novice Class

Post by EA1PJ »

Hi Terry,

I added lots of references on the past and nowadays, those new references not updated yet at the time of logging. This is easy, but what I'm talking about is different. It's the whole award which doesn't appear on the drop down list. I can't add a new reference if the award doesn't appear for that particular country, that's why I used the award manager, but something's wrong or I'm doing something wrong. I update very often the awards, because my thought was same as yours.

As there are no more users interested on the topic, I guess that I'm doing something wrong. Oh well, if I found something new I will come back and let you all know.

Carlos EA1PJ
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Carlos,

Have your selected the awards you want to appear in the Main UI dropdowns?

Check: Settings / Configuration / Award Preferences

Attachments
config-awards.JPG
config-awards.JPG (85.3 KiB) Viewed 6738 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
EA1PJ
Novice Class

Post by EA1PJ »

Hi Nolan!

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I have active all the awards I work. This is really weird. For instance, just a few minutes ago I worked OM1WS/P which was on a SOTA and a WWFF. When I logged him, I click on the drop down list of awards and SOTA was missing. No problem with the WWFF, but SOTA blew up. I have a QSO with this same guy from Spetember 28, 2023 and TADA! SOTA is on the drop down list. Now I'm really confused. Is it a bug? Is it something I'm doing wrong?

Best 73 from this side of the world

Carlos EA1PJ