Error with saving settings

V2 error reports
PA5SW
New user

Error with saving settings

Post by PA5SW »

Good day dear people, to start right away and explain. I have 2 environments in which I am running LOG4OM. 1 on a laptop and 1 on a PC. On the PC it goes wrong somewhere. When I want to change something, or add something, it is not saved.
As an example, my layout in the main screen. When I want to add a column (logbook) or delete it, this setting is gone when I restart later. The same applies for example in the configuration menu. I recently got LotW and entered my data here. Also here this data has disappeared as soon as I start LOG4OM another time. Nothing is saved (anymore) outside the logbook/QSOs. I see an error in the logbook file. There are several lines in the log file with the same problem. I have posted the 1st, top one below.

I have been using your software for quite some time and know a lot about how it works. On the laptop everything works fine. Why does it work on the laptop and I have no errors at this level and on the PC it does. Hope you guys have an answer because it is quite annoying. I can send both, from PC and laptop the log files if desired. My email address is evt. pa5sw@pa5sw.nl.
In addition perhaps good to know. I uninstalled LOG4OM, ran CCleaner, rebooted and reinstalled LOG4OM. Unfortunately without the desired result.
Hopefully you guys can help me with a solution.
Thanks again for this great software. Really top this.

73 Karel 5SW

2023-12-02 08:21:14.9661 ERROR: [Functions][SaveStatusIni] : [EXCEPTION] Access to the path C:【WindowsAppDataRoamingLog4OM2\l4ong.status has been denied. System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to path C:_CUsersWindowsAppDataRoamingLog4OM2\l4ong.status has been denied.
by System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
by System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at IniParser.FileIniDataParser.WriteFile(String filePath, IniData parsedData, Encoding fileEncoding)
by L4ONG.Common.Functions.SaveStatusIni()
Attachments
LOG4OM2_log_UI_20231202 laptop.log
(15.36 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
LOG4OM2_log_UI_20231202 PC.log
(207.77 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Error with saving settings

Post by G4POP »

Access is being denied by Windows OS

Possibly the folders and files are write protected, or Windows security, firewall or anti virus is blocking.

Logfiles in another language are useless to me as I only speak English and a very small amount of Italian
73 Terry G4POP
PA5SW
New user

Post by PA5SW »

Hi Terry,

Thanks you so much. It works back again. So the solution was in the Windows firewall. So 1 Tick was not on . :( :o The nice thing about now is that I could put the data from my laptop next to it so I had a good comparison.
I had first looked at the folders, they were completely free to write so it had to be in the Firewall, and yess!
Thanks very much again Terry.

I will also post this solution on FB because I had also asked the same question before in "our" group but the right answer remained out despite all good intentions from fellow HAMS.

73 Terry and thanks again.
Karel PA5SW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
73 Terry G4POP