Band not changing with WSJT-X

VK3FAC
Novice Class

Band not changing with WSJT-X

Post by VK3FAC »

I have logging enabled with WSJT-X but the Tx Band is not changing. The band and antenna changes with manual input from the main screen, but not with automatic entry via WSJT-X. Please help!
73 Chris
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Band not changing with WSJT-X

Post by DF5WW »

CAT connected to WSJT-X and Log4OM ? Normally Log4OM changes the band in the main screen if WSJT-X will be switched to another
band. That works only with Omnirig in administrative mode. If no CAT the main screen of Log4OM will never change the band. But if
you look to the QSO manager or the Recent QSO Tab you will see that the band is logged correctly via UDP.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
VK3FAC
Novice Class

Post by VK3FAC »

I must make correction(s)!! It is actually JTAlert that does the logging, but I am talking about the Band coupled with the antenna selection. ADIF does a fine job of entering the contact info, and the frequency and the band amongst others are logged correctly. It is the band selection at the upper LHS of the main screen and the antenna selection that does not work. I find the antenna changes with the band selection, but it does not follow the logged frequency and band. It worked fine on other previous versions.
73 Chris
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK3FAC wrote: 17 Dec 2023, 08:24 I must make correction(s)!! It is actually JTAlert that does the logging, but I am talking about the Band coupled with the antenna selection. ADIF does a fine job of entering the contact info, and the frequency and the band amongst others are logged correctly. It is the band selection at the upper LHS of the main screen and the antenna selection that does not work. I find the antenna changes with the band selection, but it does not follow the logged frequency and band. It worked fine on other previous versions.
Sounds like your using ADIF monitor instead of the reccomended UDP connections?
73 Terry G4POP
VK3FAC
Novice Class

Post by VK3FAC »

I am using UDP and not ADIF monitor. The UDP entry says [UDP_INBOUND][ADIF_MESSAGE][2235]JTALERT QSO. It the only UDP binding I've got.
If you could attach the UDP set-up that works for you it could help me to find the culprit ;)
73 Chris
VK3FAC
Novice Class

Post by VK3FAC »

I'm using UDP and not the ADIF monitor. The only entry I've got is [UDP_INBOUND][ADIF_MESSAGE] [2235] JTALERT QSO. If you could attach what works for you then I could perhaps find the culprit ;)
73 Chris
VK3FAC
Novice Class

Post by VK3FAC »

I am indebted to DF5WW for the solution, I installed OMNIRIG and ran it under Administrator privileges and it worked, now I have the antenna configuration loaded with each QSO instead of going back to the QSO and manually changing it.
73 Chris
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hello Chris,
nice to hear that all is working fine for you now. Have fun with Log4OM.
Wish you a Merry X-Mas and a HNY ... 👍👍
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
VK3FAC
Novice Class

Post by VK3FAC »

Hello Juergen, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you, 73's Chris
73 Chris