Hackers are Log4OM members

General discussions V2
G6FZU
Novice Class

Hackers are Log4OM members

Post by G6FZU »

I have only EVER entered my email SMTP server once in 10 years along with the SMTP password; that was in Log4OM.
Within 5 days I was notified that my SMTP account was being used for sending spam.

So, be warned, someone with access to Log4OM settings is a criminal and uses your personal details for illegal activities.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Hackers are Log4OM members

Post by IW3HMH »

Are you sure log4om email sent through SMTP by log4om itself are not seen as "spam"?

Maybe Log4OM is not recognized as a "valid" sender for your provider? (that could happen, but i don't like to disguise Log4Om to mimic another application, that would be considered a bad practice and a valid reason to limit access...)

All info is stored in your PC, and only in your PC...
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

We do not have access to that information its all stored locally on your PC and the software on your PC employs it when sending, we never can see it.

You enter the information in Log4om on your own PC and that is where it resides, no where else!

See the statement re 'Your email credentials' in the Log4OM Program Config email settings tab, Log4OM even strips that information from support requests so that we dont have access for your security.

Perhaps a little more resaearch needs employing or perhaps you should have contacted us privately before posting such public, unfounded and damaging accusations?

You may wish to retract your conmments and appologise or delete this thread!
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

G6FZU wrote: 18 Dec 2023, 21:23 So, be warned, someone with access to Log4OM settings is a criminal and uses your personal details for illegal activities.

Ouch .... earth is flat and men where never at the moon. No further words needed.

By the way, It is criminal to claim someone is a criminal without having conclusive proof of it. It would be better to first check your own PC for malware or ask your email provider whether someone has hacked your account there.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
k0guz
Novice Class

Post by k0guz »

There could be a simple solution to this situation. If your SMTP server is on a shared resource which has also been used by a spammer, some of the spam detecting software will flag your email as spam because it's blacklisted the IP address. That happened to me.