CAT no longer working

KE8ULU
Novice Class

CAT no longer working

Post by KE8ULU »

Hi. Using Log4OM V2, and Yaesu FT-891. Have been using Log4OM and omnirig for a couple years with this setup. Recently I turned it on and I just get "offline" in the frequency window. I have reinstalled omnirig, have tested and retested the Yaesu plugins for virtual com ports, and have trialed both the standard and enhanced ports (even though instuctions generally say to use enhanced port, mine only worked on standard before). I have checked and rechecked all settings in the CAT control window and my radio, and have verified the USB cable is working.
Any other thoughts from anyone? thanks.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CAT no longer working

Post by G4POP »

What Log4OM version number & Windows OS please?
73 Terry G4POP
kc2ilk
New user

Post by kc2ilk »

I was having a similar issue today and found that running Log4OM as Administrator and stopping and restarting CAT from the menu Connect->CAT->Stop CAT followed by Connect->CAT->Start CAT fixed it for me.

David
KC2ILK
KE8ULU
Novice Class

Post by KE8ULU »

Hi. Running most current Log4OM (2.3 I think), and Windows 11. It had been working with this configuration. Always run Log4OM in admin mode.
KE8ULU
Novice Class

Post by KE8ULU »

Hi. Running most current Log4OM (2.3 I think), and Windows 11. It had been working with this configuration. Always run Log4OM in admin mode.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Did you run Omnirig in admin mode too. If you work with Log4OM and other 3rd party software like WSJT-X, JTDX you have to run
all these softwares in admin mode. The reason is the multithreading possibility of Omnirig (when in admin mode). If not in this
mode omrigig can only handle one software for CAT.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Probably a Windows update messed with com port check device manager

Delete old usb driver and reinstall
73 Terry G4POP
KE8ULU
Novice Class

Post by KE8ULU »

I appreciate the suggestions and thoughts so far. I only use rig control with Log4OM. I reinstalled Omnirig, deleted and reinstalled usb drivers, checked to be sure all settings match (several times). The USB cable appears to work (unsure how else to test other than I get an acknowledgement "tone" on laptop when I plug it into laptop when radio is on). Any other thoughts are welcome. Thanks.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Watch th device manager (Ports (COM & LPT)) while pluging und unplugging the Cable from the radio.

Make sure it refreshes and note the com port number - It may have been changed with a recent Windows update
73 Terry G4POP
KE8ULU
Novice Class

Post by KE8ULU »

Thanks, good thought, but unfortunately did that also. It creates 2 com ports, I have tried both of them.

I am starting to think rig control in Log4OM is just somethingI don't get to have.