Editing DXCC/WAZ

Update and distribution of news relating to awards

Moderator: OE6CLD

EA1PJ
Novice Class

Editing DXCC/WAZ

Post by EA1PJ »

Hi, HNY to ALL,

I worked the Russian station R2024NY. LOG4OM saved the QSO as Kaliningrad, but the real DXCC is Russia. I edited the QSO, deleted DXCC #124 which corresponds to Kaliningrad, and added DXCC #54, which corresponds to European Russia.

The same thing happens with the WAZ. LOG4OM assigns to the QSO zone #15, which corresponds to Kaliningrad, the correct one is 16, since we are talking about European Russia. Again I delete the WAZ reference and add zone #16. I save the QSO, edit again, to add references to awards linked to the DXCC, as is the case with the RDA, and I observe two things: the first, that in the drop-down menu, RDA references continue to appear those corresponding to Kaliningrad, not to European Russia; and secondly, the program has added the DXCC of Kaliningrad and zone 15 again, so that in the awards window, I have two DXCC references and two WAZ references appear.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thank you!
Carlos EA1PJ
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Editing DXCC/WAZ

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi Carlos,

How have you set-up Log4OM2 and your information providers? If you're using qrz.com as your main information source, you will get exactly what you mentioned. Acccording to QRZ.com, R2024NY is located in Kaliningrad. Under details, no CQZ/WAZ is given so Log4OM will assume 15 for Kaliningrad. There is nothing Log4OM2 can do, it simply relies on the quality of the data given. Contact the call sign owner and ask him to correct the data.

If you manually change DXCC or CQZ etc. don't click on the globe symbol , otherwise it will retrieve the information from QRZ.com again and overwrite your settings. I'm not sure how you have managed to have two DXCC references appear. How and where did you edit the DXCC country? Best way to do it is to double click the QSO and change the DXCC in the dropdown menue (Country). There is no need to change the DXCC number.

Hope this helps.

Claus, OE6CLD
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ
EA1PJ
Novice Class

Re: Editing DXCC/WAZ

Post by EA1PJ »

Hi Claus...

thank you for the info. Yes, it always have been clear to me that LOG4OM was taking the data from the sources under my configuration. My question was about how to edit the DXCC information and keep it (I never pressed the global symbol to re-load again the same wrong data) it simply didn't keep the changes I made. However, somehow, now LOG4OM does keep the changes after the last update. TADA! LOL

Since the first day with LOG4OM, I'm talking about long time ago, when the old days :) I always had problems to edit wrong data or loosing POTA/SOTA or WWZZ dropdowns that doesn't appear, when they should. Sometimes computing can be a very weird world, don't you think? Thank you for your support, my friend.

Carlos EA1PJ