HamLib WSJT-x, JTdx, JTAlert, GridTracker, FT101D, ATAUTO

Regarding connecting to external program's.
K7IU
New user

HamLib WSJT-x, JTdx, JTAlert, GridTracker, FT101D, ATAUTO

Post by K7IU »

OK,
I have no hair left. I just can't seem to get this combination of software to work repeatedly/consistently. I've done a LOT of research and I should be able to have Hamlib be the CAT interface to my FTdx101D thru which all of the other programs communicate. I can verify that hamlib starts up and opens UDP port 4532.
both WSJT-x and JTdx do not consistently broadcast their UDP packets such that JTAlert sees them. despite whatever port number I use. In addition, when WSJT-x and JTAlert ARE working, Log4OM will show the CAT Management-->Hamib; CAT Status: as OFFLINE. Even though the frequency display will follow the radio when I use one of the digital programs to change bands or frequency.
If someone has time to setup a sched of remote session with me to go thru everything and figure out what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it. Just send me an email direct; k7iu.marv@gmail.com
Meanwhile I'll keep playing around with things.

Marv K7IU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: HamLib WSJT-x, JTdx, JTAlert, GridTracker, FT101D, ATAUTO

Post by G4POP »

Version 1 is no longer supported so please instal latest release of version 2 from here https://www.log4om.com/l4ong/release/be ... 5_beta.zip

Then refer to the detailed instructions about how to set up these programs - But you need to use Omnirig, not Hamlib so during the install of Log4OM 2 select the instal Omnirig option
73 Terry G4POP