HAMQTH - Some QSO's (Many) in Log4OM fail to upload.

kd6qfo
Novice Class

HAMQTH - Some QSO's (Many) in Log4OM fail to upload.

Post by kd6qfo »

Hello:
I have noticed that only about 30% of my QSO's over 5 years show as Sent in Log4OM. I tried to force an upload from QSL Manager. When I selected all that have Sent set to No, It tried to upload but I get an error on what seemed like all but I did not let it run through completion.

The error is [HamQTH] Upload Failed: Bad Request QSO Callsign: xxxxxx Date 1/2/2024, 12:36 AM Band 20M Mode FT8
xxxxx x = Callsign in this example.

I trimmed the list to three QSO's in the last two weeks and did an upload again. This time, one uploaded, the remaining two failed. Further reviewing the log revealed that 85% of my entries are flagged as NOT SENT.

In the last two months, about 50% of my QSO's are flagged SENT but after that, the percentage of NOT SENT increases.

When I login to HAMQTH, which I really don't use but upload for the benefit of others, I see my recent activity is about 15 QSO's from 2018. No recent contacts listed. My password is correct in LOG4OM and validated by the fact a few QSO's get uploaded.

Does anyone recognize these symptoms and have a quick answer?

Should I even be concerned as I use QRZ and LoTW primarily as external logs.

Thank You
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: HAMQTH - Some QSO's (Many) in Log4OM fail to upload.

Post by G4POP »

Log4OM version 1 is no longer supported so sometimes important external links get changes and functions fail, suggest that you update to Log4OM V2 here https://www.log4om.com/l4ong/release/be ... 5_beta.zip
73 Terry G4POP
kd6qfo
Novice Class

Post by kd6qfo »

I am using LOG4OM V2 - Specifically V2.30.1.0. I usually update as soon as I see a new non-beta release.
483 out of 760 QSO's fail to upload with the error - [HamQTH] Upload Failed: Bad Request QSO Callsign: xxxxxx Date 1/2/2024, 12:36 AM Band 20M Mode FT8
xxxxx x = Callsign in this example

There is really no pattern except in the last few months most seem to be sent automatically and flagged sent in LOG4OM2. Older QSO's seem to have over a 80% failure. It should be noted, a few of the older QSO's did upload but most did not.

The older QSO's that have a high percentage of failure to upload may have originated in my old, no longer used HRD log. However, I have a few newer QSO's that also fail to upload. Makes no sense to me. I will probably just ignore HAMQTH and its records will have to have gaps. QRZ, LoTW and Clublog are all functioning.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Then please post in the correct area of this forum, we dont look at the V1 area very ofter so you are lucky to have been spotted!

I will move the topic for you
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

kd6qfo wrote: 18 Jan 2024, 15:24
There is really no pattern except in the last few months most seem to be sent automatically and flagged sent in LOG4OM2. Older QSO's seem to have over a 80% failure. It should be noted, a few of the older QSO's did upload but most did not.

The older QSO's that have a high percentage of failure to upload may have originated in my old, no longer used HRD log. However, I have a few newer QSO's that also fail to upload. Makes no sense to me. I will probably just ignore HAMQTH and its records will have to have gaps. QRZ, LoTW and Clublog are all functioning.
Of the newer QSO's that did not originate in HRD how were they generated, from a WSJT program, N1MM or some other external software or direct entry into Log4OM - Specific details please.

Check that the QSO's from HRD have the correct Owner Callsig, Station Callsig, Operator Callsign and Grid reference
73 Terry G4POP
kd6qfo
Novice Class

Post by kd6qfo »

The newer QSO's that failed to upload to HAMQTH were indeed generated directly by WSJT-X and direct via UDP to LOG4OM2. QSO's a few minutes before and after seem to have uploaded fine. In looking at HAMQTH's portal, My recent Activity does not show correct. I exported from LOG4OM2 and uploaded.

I did compare QSO's that loaded to those that fail and the field I am looking at seem to have all the correct information.

I think I will just ignore HAMQTH, I don't see any value in it for me to spend more time and really suspect the problem lies there and not LOG4OM2.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Kevin.