Also

Ensure the 'Send my station updated data........' box is checked

Now see if it will auto upload on closing
73 Terry G4POP
IW3GCR
Advanced Class

Re: LOTW upload Freezes

Post by IW3GCR »

Hi Terry But there is no debug log to see the operations performed, with any errors, during the closing, because I see from the closing window that the transfer of the QSOs to the Lotw is there., but then it doesn't actually run.
Nicola IW3GCR
Nicola IW3GCR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Check the LOTW site to see if the upload suceeded, worry aboyut log files later
73 Terry G4POP
IW3GCR
Advanced Class

Post by IW3GCR »

Good morning Terry, let me start by saying that my LOTW certificate expired in November 2023 , it has now been renewed in January, but since then I have no longer been able to do the automatic upload. Now after your advice, to be safe, I reinstalled everything with Windows 11, a clean install, but it still doesn't work. QSO uploading is only active if I do it manually. Now I would like to get to the bottom of it and solve.... THANK YOU Nicola IW3GCR
Nicola IW3GCR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

So!

1. You can upolad to LOTW using the Log4OM QSL Manager?

2. No Upload to LOTW is done on closing Log4OM?

3. You have checked on the LOTW web site that the QSO's were not uploaded when Log4OM was closed?

4. You have checked the LOTW website and the QSO's uploaded from the Log4OM QSL manager were uploaded?
73 Terry G4POP
IW3GCR
Advanced Class

Post by IW3GCR »

1. You can upolad to LOTW using the Log4OM QSL Manager?

YES

2. No Upload to LOTW is done on closing Log4OM?

NOT WORKING

3. You have checked on the LOTW web site that the QSO's were not uploaded when Log4OM was closed?

NOT UPLOADED

4. You have checked the LOTW website and the QSO's uploaded from the Log4OM QSL manager were uploaded?

YES WERE UPLOADED

NICOLA IW3GCR
Nicola IW3GCR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

EMAIL me a support request

Be sure to set debug mode in help menu and then try an auto upload on closing just betpfore generating the support request
73 Terry G4POP
IW3GCR
Advanced Class

Post by IW3GCR »

Hi Terry, all done where do I send the zip file?

Nicola IW3GCR
Nicola IW3GCR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

IW3GCR wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 10:44 Hi Terry, all done where do I send the zip file?

Nicola IW3GCR
email to my email address on QRZ

de G4POP
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Nicola,

I have responded to your email but received no replies so here are my first questions

1. What are the D and E drives are they external drives of some type like a memory stick or USB hard drive? you need to move files to a more appropriate location so that they can be read without microsoft security blocking them.

2. Your debug file did not show anything because there were zero QSO's waiting to be uploaded to LOTW so no upload on closing was attempted! This does not help me identify issues!

Extract from log file:
Running LOTW Auto Upload
2024-03-02 17:57:25.8240 INFO: [LOTWManagement] : [LOTW] Searching QSO in Requested status for upload to LOTW...
2024-03-02 17:57:27.3609 INFO: [LOTWManagement] : [LOTW] No QSO found for automatic upload searching QSO in Requested status

3. Your config sattings are at odds (Dont match) because the default LOTW confirmation sent and received status are set to 'No' while the LOTW 'Upload flag' is set to 'Requested' this will mean that because Log4OM is looking for QSO's marked requested to upload but all of the QSO's get marked 'No' that zero QSO's are being found that need uploading.

4. Your inbound UDP connections are confusing and I suspect that whatever FT8 software you are using is also getting involved with LOTW send and received status and probably also upload functions!

All in all a bit of a mess!
73 Terry G4POP