FLDigi Callsign NOT sending to Log4OM

G3ZPB
Novice Class

FLDigi Callsign NOT sending to Log4OM

Post by G3ZPB »

Hi,
According to the Log4OM User Manual (page 228 in my version), you are supposed to be able to setup FLDigi and Log4OM so that "the entered call sign in FLDigi to be displayed and looked up in Log4OM". I can't make this work.
Getting Log4OM to read the FLDigi log using the ADIF function is no problem - all works 100%.
Getting Log4OM or FLDigi to read the Rig frequency and Mode is no problem - all works 100%.
BUT it would be nice having entering a Callsign in FLDigi for the info to automatically be read by Log4OM so it can do a lookup for the Station details.
I am using Log4OM v 2.30.1.0, FLDigi v 4.2.03 and WIN10 Pro 64bit.
And yes, I have double-checked that both programs are set to use Port 7362.
Any thoughts, anyone, as to whether this feature still works on the current versions?
73, Peter G3ZPB
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: FLDigi Callsign NOT sending to Log4OM

Post by G4POP »

Confirmed! something changed in FLDigi we will look into it
73 Terry G4POP
G3ZPB
Novice Class

Post by G3ZPB »

Thanks Terry.
It's good to know it's not me that can't follow simple instructions!!!
73, Peter G3ZPB
k4rva
Novice Class

Post by k4rva »

I'm glad it's not just me! I have tried getting the FLDIGI -> Log4OM connection for call lookup working several times in the past year or so.

I'll be patiently waiting and hoping that there is an easy solution to get it working.

Cheers,
Steve K4RVA
JA9HWD
Advanced Class

Post by JA9HWD »

G4POP wrote: 18 Jan 2024, 10:28 Confirmed! something changed in FLDigi we will look into it
I see. I didn't know about it because I couldn't read manuals with automatic translation until recently.
Callsigns can be sent from Log4OM to fldigi, but I thought there was no function to send callsigns from fldigi to Log4OM.
I think it would be convenient if the function to send a call sign from fldigi to Log4OM works.
73, Kiyo JA9HWD