CAT control Icom 7300

w6vq
Novice Class

CAT control Icom 7300

Post by w6vq »

Can't connect LOG4OM to ICOM 7300. Yaesu works no problem

I am using Version 2.14.1.0 of LOG4OM and 1.2 of Omnirig

Connected to Com Port 3 via USB cable. Using CIV connector for antenna and amp interface.

Typically I would run Win4Icom and interface to an aux port thru there using a Com0Com virtual port emulator. I do similar on Yaesu with no problem. I can connect to Win4Icom on port 3 and was using com0com ports 10/11 for LOG4OM with no luck. I have no problem if doing similar configuration with N3FJP. I have tried everything I can think of and read manual several times.

Also tried connecting directly to Icom thru port 3 also with no luck. Ports set to same speed when direct or matching in com0com. When running thru win4icom I run a higher baud rate and with ci-v transceive on since that is required for CI-V interface. Wasn't sure if that was being a problem so I connected to Port 3 directly I changed it to off. Still no go. I do get the green CAT buttom to light but not sure if that indicates a connection or just that it is set to connect. If it is connecting it is not displaying frequency.

Really at a loss as I have spent hours on this and looked thru old forum postings. Can't figure it out though. It may be obvious and easy but I am not seeing it.

Any help appreciated a I really like this program

Thanks
W6VQ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CAT control Icom 7300

Post by G4POP »

Fistly your using a really old version of Log4OM and should update to this one https://www.log4om.com/l4ong/release/be ... 5_beta.zip

Have you checked what the log file says on the Loh4OM help menu, that could help identify what is happening?

Have you unlinked the USB and remote ports in the 7300 menu?

Did you read the 7300 section in our user guide?

Are you running Win4Icom, Omnirig and Log4OM as an administrator?
73 Terry G4POP
w6vq
Novice Class

Post by w6vq »

Fistly your using a really old version of Log4OM and should update to this one https://www.log4om.com/l4ong/release/be ... 5_beta.zip

Have you checked what the log file says on the Loh4OM help menu, that could help identify what is happening?

Have you unlinked the USB and remote ports in the 7300 menu?

Did you read the 7300 section in our user guide?

Are you running Win4Icom, Omnirig and Log4OM as an administrator?

Had previously updated but reverted to old version that I remember working. Trying new again

Log in help menu when bypassing Win4Icom shows port busy for a reason I cannot determine as Win4Icom is off. When running win4icom and connecting thru com0com ports 10/11 I get the following in the log:

[CAT start] by Main UI
[Cat status changed] Running: True
Rig changed. Updating maximum number of rigs to 2

Still no frequency display

CI-V USB port unlinked from remote. Not sure if you are referring to another unlink item. If there is another to unlink item I can't find it.

Yes. Page 26. CI-v remote doesn't go to computer though as it controls amp and antenna controller. If that is a problem I am not sure of a work-around.

Yes everything in Admin mode
w6vq
Novice Class

Post by w6vq »

Resolved may have been issue all along. Omnirig was selecting Radio 2 instead of radio 1. So obvious if you know what to look for. It was defaulting to #2 that was the Yaesu in omnirig. Nothing to do with configuration.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

The software remembers the last radio selected on close down so its up to the user to select the correct radio.
73 Terry G4POP