New release Problem

W4EBB
Advanced Class

Re: New release Problem

Post by W4EBB »

Yes, It was Michael Black, who is very well known, especially in WSJT-X circles. He reached out to me - asking to help - not immediately writing me off like you know who. My problem was not JTAlert like I thought, rather my VPN was blocking me. Michael had to do a lot of troubleshooting but he started by saying he was going to fix my problem. And he did. I feel blessed and so lucky!
JA9HWD
Advanced Class

Post by JA9HWD »

W4EBB wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 22:28 I just did an update, two levels, both 2.31 and 2.35. Now log4omV2 will not add qsos to log4om but they do go into wsjt-x log. I think I have a UDP problem. I have tried to delete UDP entries and then reestablish them in log4om and also JtAlert. With no success. I have read thru the user guide with no success. I did not find any warnings about UDP with the new releases, maybe I just did not find them. Need help! Thanks!
Charlie
W4EBB

My settings:
WSJT-X UDP 2237
secondary 2233

JTALert
2235 adif msg port
1241 control port

log4om
connections
UDP INBOUND adif -msg 2234 incoming jt-alert/gt adif
It's working fine for me, but my setup is a little different than yours.
However, to avoid problems with Log4OM2 and bugs with WSJT-X, log information is not sent using UDP, but linked using ADIF files.
You can see this connection diagram on my page at QRZ.com.
(However, when I checked it now, the log data from WSJT-X to JTAlert in this figure is not 2333 but 2334 is set for JTAlert.)
73, Kiyo JA9HWD
JA9HWD
Advanced Class

Post by JA9HWD »

W4EBB wrote: 03 Apr 2024, 01:55 Yes, It was Michael Black, who is very well known, especially in WSJT-X circles. He reached out to me - asking to help - not immediately writing me off like you know who. My problem was not JTAlert like I thought, rather my VPN was blocking me. Michael had to do a lot of troubleshooting but he started by saying he was going to fix my problem. And he did. I feel blessed and so lucky!
That's good, congratulations on solving it. I'm also asking Mike to help me, but Log4OM2 is a pain so I can't send the logs yet.
73, Kiyo JA9HWD
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

W4EBB wrote: 03 Apr 2024, 01:55 Yes, It was Michael Black, who is very well known, especially in WSJT-X circles. He reached out to me - asking to help - not immediately writing me off like you know who. My problem was not JTAlert like I thought, rather my VPN was blocking me. Michael had to do a lot of troubleshooting but he started by saying he was going to fix my problem. And he did. I feel blessed and so lucky!
Charlie, I don't know if that was intended for me or not, but I have helped you many times over the last few months. I cant help you if you don't allow me to go through the steps. You continually grabbing the mouse and changing things back was not going to work.

You not wanting to connect Log4om properly to CAT was another issue.

Glad Michael could help you. He is a good guy.

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
W4EBB
Advanced Class

Post by W4EBB »

It was definitely NOT you I was referring to. I must disagree with continually grabbing the mouse - that happened 3 hours in our session - where you were uninterrupted for those 3 hours -I was there to solve why I was not posting and we were not even working on that at the time. I am VERY sorry I touched a nerve with you. I tried to explain where I was at in my message to you yesterday - which you did not respond to. I acknowledged your help and my appreciation. In the final analysis, I am not going to let this little dustup ruin my elation at getting "back on the air".
Your friend!
Charlie
W4EBB
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Charlie,

Thanks for reply. I am glad you are back on air was well.

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team