Log4OM and flrig

G8GNI
New user

Log4OM and flrig

Post by G8GNI »

I was wondering if there was any possibility of Log4OM supporting flrig for CAT control. I find HamLib impossible to work with my IC-7610 and OmniRig a bit unstable. Also OmniRig always resets CIV-Transceive to OFF (I need it to be ON to control my Expert 1K), whereas flrig I find very stable and it doesn't have the CIV-transceive quirk of Omnirig. Many thanks.
CT1BXX
Old Man

Re: Log4OM and flrig

Post by CT1BXX »

G8GNI wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 08:03 I was wondering if there was any possibility of Log4OM supporting flrig for CAT control.
Yes!
I use FLRig and works very well
Here: Log4OM/OmniRig + FLRig + PstRotator + WSJt + JTALERT all via VSPE ( virtual serial Port)

flrig Log4om.jpg
flrig Log4om.jpg (176.53 KiB) Viewed 294 times
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
G8GNI
New user

Post by G8GNI »

Thankyou.
I can see that you are using both OmniRig and flrig but I guess you are using OmniRig for CAT control with Log4OM?
I find that if I do that the IC-7610 CIV-Transceive is turned off every time OmniRig is used. What I really need is for the option in Log4OM to be able to use flrig as its CAT Control - currently that is not an option (only OmniRig, Hamlib, TCPIP, or Nothing)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G8GNI wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 09:18 Thankyou.
I can see that you are using both OmniRig and flrig but I guess you are using OmniRig for CAT control with Log4OM?
I find that if I do that the IC-7610 CIV-Transceive is turned off every time OmniRig is used. What I really need is for the option in Log4OM to be able to use flrig as its CAT Control - currently that is not an option (only OmniRig, Hamlib, TCPIP, or Nothing)
Perhaps use Hamlib to communicate with FLRig then there is no Omnirig conflict?

Or just edit the Omnirig 7610 .ini file to not change that command. The command is listed in the Icom user guide so easy to locate and change in the ini file using notepad

Cant you use the RJ45 connection for either rig control and or amplifier control, we interface with RF Kits and VKAmps via network UDP already so unless your amp does not have that facility there are alternatives.

Additionally I think the icom has the normal Icom 'Remote' socket and two USB connectors so it would apear that there are many connection options.
73 Terry G4POP