Automate ADIF \ CSV export

4z1tl
Novice Class

Automate ADIF \ CSV export

Post by 4z1tl »

Hello guys,

For me LOG4OM works well on the daily tasks. I like it. TU.

I do several ADIF exports from my log every now and then, based on different filters I apply.
(Filter examples are: Only SSB+FM, or only 6m cw, SAT only qsos etc. TG the filters are kept in a directory & can be uploaded at will)

Now every time I export, I have to go through a most tedious proccess of selecting the filter for the log and applying it (not forgetting to set the grid row count to "zero" to view all results), selecting all the output rows, re-defining the export fields & optionally their order for the output file and specifying the output file name \ location. The worst part is redefining the exports fields every session.

Wouldn't it be great if the entire process described above could somehow be defined once and kept as a macro to be executed at will in one click?
More even - If this macro could be marked for automatic execution upon specific triggers - say "session end" for instance - it would be even better! One will only have to define once (either inside the log program or outside as a file easily edited) the db, the filter, (if any at all), the export fields & their order, (optionally the trigger for & frequency of execution) and the destination file.

My "2 cents"

73, Isaac
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Automate ADIF \ CSV export

Post by IW3HMH »

I suppose you know the capability of creating "filters" and store them.
I'll check if i can do something on the export side
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
4z1tl
Novice Class

Re: Automate ADIF \ CSV export

Post by 4z1tl »

Well - thanks much for considering my input.
FWIW the option to save the export definition is of extreme importance & value.