Archive search include all Logs (Database) ?

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
DF2MC
Advanced Class

Archive search include all Logs (Database) ?

Post by DF2MC »

I used different call signs, and I am using for each different call a separate log (Database)
I would like to include all my logs (Database) in a Archive search, for instance a Call sign.
Is this possible ??
73 Hans DF2MC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Archive search include all Logs (Database) ?

Post by G4POP »

Hans,
No it is not possible unless you combine all logs into one main log

Do you have a specific need to have multiple databases (logs)? I have a combined log because the filtering in Log4om is so good that I can filter by station, operator or owner call signs to do virtually anything!
73 Terry G4POP
DF2MC
Advanced Class

Post by DF2MC »

G4POP wrote:Hans,
No it is not possible unless you combine all logs into one main log

Do you have a specific need to have multiple databases (logs)? I have a combined log because the filtering in Log4om is so good that I can filter by station, operator or owner call signs to do virtually anything!
I will try your suggestion, perhaps I have to get used to the filtering possibilitys in LOG4OM.

I was using UR5EQF and there it is possible, include different logs in a search.
Scrolling in a large Log was very slow in UR5EQF and many crashes, therefor I used different Logs, for instance Contests-Logs.
I know the Logs are stored in a different way in UR5EQF.

A friend -DJ0FX- how has about 150000 QSOs from 15 different calls, (Pacific DX-Peditions) therefore 15 different Logs.
He asked me how to handle in LOG4OM, would it work like your suggestion as well, combined in one large Log so many QSO`s,
search speed slow down ?

Thanks Terry

73 Hans DF2MC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hans,
For that number of QSO's he should use the MySQL database, SQLite is OK for up to about 100,000 QSO's
73 Terry G4POP
DF2MC
Advanced Class

Post by DF2MC »

G4POP wrote:Hans,
For that number of QSO's he should use the MySQL database, SQLite is OK for up to about 100,000 QSO's
Thank you Terry !