Alerts option - works on Log4OM, no email, no mobile

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
RZ3EM
Novice Class

Alerts option - works on Log4OM, no email, no mobile

Post by RZ3EM »

Dear Colleagues,

I've set up the Alerts option (Log4OM + email alerts + push alerts). Registerred on https://www.notifymyandroid.com/ server and got the NMAmail (special email all the massages sent will be transferred to mobile!) also, inserted my usua email in the alerts setting to check the operation. Created the alert rule, used the SPOT simulation option to test the alerts. Just pop up window of Log4OM works well! No other notifications in GROWL for windows (app is runing well, but no history of alerts in the application), by email and on the mobile.
Any steps to check the behaviour?

Thanks in advance!
73, Andy RZ3EM
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Alerts option - works on Log4OM, no email, no mobile

Post by G4POP »

Have you set up the 'Notification' settings in the Log4om Communicator?
73 Terry G4POP
RZ3EM
Novice Class

Post by RZ3EM »

Hi Terry,

Surely 'Notification' settings in the Log4om Communicator were set up.
After I restarted the Communicator and tried the alert again - I finally got the Test spot notification (=Alert) to Android mobile with combination: Log4OM (Alert + Notification' settings in the Log4om Communicator) + GROWL for Windows on the PC + NMA on the mobile.
But stil no email notifivation to any of the set up 2 emails in Alerts settings (email server is set up in Communicator).

73, Andy RZ3EM
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Both the main program and the communicator have log files please send them to me by email

DO NOT POST THESE FILES ON THE FORUM ONLY SEND THEM TO ME DIRECTLY BY EMAIL BECAUSE THEY CONTAIN SENSITIVE MATERIAL
73 Terry G4POP
RZ3EM
Novice Class

Post by RZ3EM »

I was tried different SMTP servers settings (GMAIL included with SSL) to send email alerts to different emails also, no success (none of emails come to any address)!
RZ3EM
Novice Class

Post by RZ3EM »

Playing with Alerts configuration above managed to integrate the Log4OM with GROWL for windows, just found the not clear documented set of options to make this combination alive:

1) When you Stop the Communicator, to change the Alert settings for example - the TCP Connection to Log4OM of Communicator becomes Red.

2) The status of leds of Comm Services of Log4OM botton pannel become: Yellow/Red

3) After you made proper changes of Alert settings - you press the Communicator Start button. TCP Connection to Log4OM of Communicator becomes Green. With Connected to 127.0.0.1:8081 status.

4) Go to the Comm Services of Log4OM botton pannel -> Activate the Comm Services -> connect to TCP (You will get the notification, that the aservice is active already), the status of leds become Yellow/Green

5) Go to Communicator (Services status of status now is TCP Connection to Log4OM of Communicator - Red but the Power On button is close to it - press it! Led becomes Green - Connected to 127.0.0.1:8081 status.)

Now the combination works! Enjoy!

If anyone knows the easier way, or if I do something wrong - please let me know!

But stil no success with email notifications :(

Thanks in advance!

73, Andy RZ3EM
RZ3EM
Novice Class

Post by RZ3EM »

Dear All,

After one day delay in testing - managed today to get email notifications (TNX to Terry G4POP!), in the SMTP server settings need to use port 25 !!! (despite on SSL usage).
So, now, with some mentioned above tricks all the options (Log4OM, to Android mobile (NMA app) using GROWL for Windows on the PC and to email) work properly!

TNX to all involved!

73, de Andy RZ3EM
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

RZ3EM Andy wrote:If anyone knows the easier way, or if I do something wrong - please let me know! Andy RZ3EM
Just restart Log4OM
73 Terry G4POP
RZ3EM
Novice Class

Post by RZ3EM »

Advice of Terry is right as usual!

But I was tested the different settings, so had to apply them without restart of program! In the usual life, please use the Restart of Log4OM in order don't be confused!

TNX once again! Super support!