Problem with data from QRZ.COM

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
oe4hds
Novice Class

Problem with data from QRZ.COM

Post by oe4hds »

In the last time I have problems with the data that is retrieved from qrz.com.
When I enter a callsign, most of the data is retrieved as usual, but the QSL via field contains: " [Manager: SEARCH DAILY LIMIT EXCEEDED (0)]".

It is not all the time, but after a while. Seems, that there is some limit for getting that information, but it is strange, because all other informaiton is retrieved correctly. I also have a subscription and so there should not be any limit for that.

Any ideas?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Problem with data from QRZ.COM

Post by G4POP »

I notice that you are QRZ ham member, like you don't pay QRZ for the service

There is a QRZ limit on the number of lookups each day

I suggest you join HamQTH if you need more lookups - It's free
73 Terry G4POP
oe4hds
Novice Class

Post by oe4hds »

I purchased a membership on qrz.com. Not the XML membership but the Ad-Free QRZ subscription.
At the moment I disabled the automatic lookup when clicking on a cluster entry. So the problem is not that big. Would like to know the reason for the limit though.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You need the XML lookup not just the add free subscription
73 Terry G4POP
oe4hds
Novice Class

Post by oe4hds »

ok, I allready thought that I need the XML lookup. I will try the hamqth and if I don't like it, I will make a XML subsription.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

This answer comes from IK3QAR online manager system. He set a daily limit. I'm in touch with him to a workaround that should avoid this trouble.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
oe4hds
Novice Class

Post by oe4hds »

I could set to HamQTH for retrieve of the data, but if I do so, it also uses HamQTh for the browser lookup. The problem is, that qrz.com has better infos and is nicer as information source about the person behind a callsign. So it would be a good idea to use the cost free HanQTH for retrieving the data, when clicking on an entry in the cluster or leaving the callsign entryfield, but use qrz.com when pressing the lookup button. There probably should be 2 radiobuttuns beside HamQTH and QRZ.COM in the setup. So we could either use one for both lookups or one for each. I hope you understand what I want to say ;)
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

oe4hds wrote:I could set to HamQTH for retrieve of the data, but if I do so, it also uses HamQTh for the browser lookup. The problem is, that qrz.com has better infos and is nicer as information source about the person behind a callsign. So it would be a good idea to use the cost free HanQTH for retrieving the data, when clicking on an entry in the cluster or leaving the callsign entryfield, but use qrz.com when pressing the lookup button. There probably should be 2 radiobuttuns beside HamQTH and QRZ.COM in the setup. So we could either use one for both lookups or one for each. I hope you understand what I want to say ;)
Hello Helmet,

I agree with you on the above point. I have been asking for that ability for some time now. My approach was somewhat different, asking for two lookup menu or button choices, everywhere that you can do a browser "lookup". But I like your suggestion, two selections in Settings/Settings 1 screen, one for data lookup by the program - HamQTH or QRZ, and the other for browser lookup - HamQTH or QRZ. That would be very nice and take care of the issue in one spot! Daniele, can we do this, please?

Thanks,
Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Daniele? This should be a simple thing to accomplish? Yes?
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

yes
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH