Log Page F7

General discussions V2
Post Reply
W3LI
Old Man
Posts: 140
Joined: 02 Mar 2014, 13:27

Log Page F7

Post by W3LI » 09 Mar 2020, 22:04

Page looks good however, in the column Qso Date the time is in 24 Hr format as is the Qso End Date. When I print the page the time is expressed as AM and PM.
Wonder if that was by design?
The columns Clublog Sent, Qrz Sent and Ham QTH Sent do nothing for me. I would rather have State and County use those areas. Maybe someday.
So far 75% happy with the new program.

User avatar
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team
Posts: 671
Joined: 16 Aug 2015, 16:30
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Log Page F7

Post by KI5IO » 10 Mar 2020, 00:08

W3LI wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 22:04
Page looks good however, in the column Qso Date the time is in 24 Hr format as is the Qso End Date. When I print the page the time is expressed as AM and PM.
Wonder if that was by design?
The columns Clublog Sent, Qrz Sent and Ham QTH Sent do nothing for me. I would rather have State and County use those areas. Maybe someday.
So far 75% happy with the new program.
Andy,

Check Page 22 of the most current User Guide. It will step you through on how to show/not-show columns in various grids (such as the Recent QSO's (F7)). If you right click on a label in that grid you can select 'edit table layout' and make changes you want.

Page 26 of the most current User Guide also mentions Date and Time. It is based on the time in your computer, but is automatically adjusted to GMT/UTC/Zulu time. This is for the sake of consistency amongst all ham operators and logging.

So ... to answer your question of: "Wonder if that was by desing?" The answer is yes and is documented in the User Guide.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX

W3LI
Old Man
Posts: 140
Joined: 02 Mar 2014, 13:27

Re: Log Page F7

Post by W3LI » 10 Mar 2020, 01:21

Nolan, thank you for the information. However, my question was, "When I print out the Log page the times are expressed as AM and PM" not in 24 hr. format as they are on Page F7. Sorry if I confused you. Not important.
I'll live with it.
Andy... W3LI

User avatar
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team
Posts: 671
Joined: 16 Aug 2015, 16:30
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Log Page F7

Post by KI5IO » 10 Mar 2020, 01:50

W3LI wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 01:21
Nolan, thank you for the information. However, my question was, "When I print out the Log page the times are expressed as AM and PM" not in 24 hr. format as they are on Page F7. Sorry if I confused you. Not important.
I'll live with it.
Andy... W3LI
Andy,

That is driven by the time format you have set on your PC. I mentioned that in my first reply, but was not clear enough.

I just changed the time format on my PC and tested to confirm that was the case.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX

W3LI
Old Man
Posts: 140
Joined: 02 Mar 2014, 13:27

Re: Log Page F7

Post by W3LI » 10 Mar 2020, 02:11

I guess it works off clock #1. I have clock #2 set to 24hr format. Will switch.
Tnx

KA4CDN
Old Man
Posts: 175
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 00:21

Re: Log Page F7

Post by KA4CDN » 10 Mar 2020, 12:02

Andy,

Can I ask, how do you initiate a print? I don't see how to do it and would like to know.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Log4OM: 2.4.0.0
User manual: 09/03/2020 3:09 PM
OS: Win10 64bit

User avatar
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team
Posts: 671
Joined: 16 Aug 2015, 16:30
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Log Page F7

Post by KI5IO » 10 Mar 2020, 12:49

KA4CDN wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 12:02
Andy,

Can I ask, how do you initiate a print? I don't see how to do it and would like to know.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Log4OM: 2.4.0.0
User manual: 09/03/2020 3:09 PM
OS: Win10 64bit
Mike,

If you are looking for a logbook print-out: Utilities / Logbook print

A Print LogBook window opens with some options for you to print to a PDF document.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX

KA4CDN
Old Man
Posts: 175
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 00:21

Re: Log Page F7

Post by KA4CDN » 13 Mar 2020, 12:18

Thanks for that note.

The user initiating this thread seemed to be implying it is possible to print the QSO in the Recent QSOs (F7) table which would be nice to know (I can set up filters to get at exactly what I want to see). Utilities / Logbook print doesn't seem to do that.

User avatar
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team
Posts: 671
Joined: 16 Aug 2015, 16:30
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Log Page F7

Post by KI5IO » 13 Mar 2020, 13:00

KA4CDN wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 12:18
Thanks for that note.

The user initiating this thread seemed to be implying it is possible to print the QSO in the Recent QSOs (F7) table which would be nice to know (I can set up filters to get at exactly what I want to see). Utilities / Logbook print doesn't seem to do that.
Mike,

You need to wait for Andy's response to your question. I'm not sure how he got a log print of the F7 Tab either. I can make a screen clip/print, but short of that I'm not sure how how he might have done it.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX

W3LI
Old Man
Posts: 140
Joined: 02 Mar 2014, 13:27

Re: Log Page F7

Post by W3LI » 21 Mar 2020, 21:30

Hello Mike etall . Sorry for being so long with my comments but as an EMT/ Vol Fire Person and a member of the twsp EMA I have been busy. However, Here are my comments about printing the log.
It appears that the information that is printed is fixed. That is to say that even if you change the column titles to your favorite on page F7 the printed version will be the same.
I am glad that Daniele did not drop the ability to print the log. Most logging programs out there do not give you the option. OH yes you can monkey around and export and import and finally create a log page for your self in excell or some other format.
A case in point is the fact that I lost all of VER1 and the log while configuring Ver2. Gone nowhere to be found. But because I print the log every 30 Q's I still have a good PAPER record.
Again sorry for the delay.

Andy... W3LI

Post Reply