Missing LoTW download

DJ6JZ
Novice Class

Missing LoTW download

Post by DJ6JZ »

Log4OM v1.44 fails to download LoTW QSLs on my W7 Prof. system. The Debug Mode Log tells "Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel."
The software Gridtracker, installed on the same PC, has no problem to download, so it must be a Log4OM setting that is wrong. I checked User ID, Station ID and Password several times, but see no error.
LoTW uploads are working, as well as eQSL downloads/uploads.
What else could I try?

Thanks for suggestions, happy holidays everybody
Willi, DJ6JZ
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Missing LoTW download

Post by KI5IO »

DJ6JZ wrote: 25 Dec 2022, 11:37 Log4OM v1.44 fails to download LoTW QSLs on my W7 Prof. system. The Debug Mode Log tells "Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel."
The software Gridtracker, installed on the same PC, has no problem to download, so it must be a Log4OM setting that is wrong. I checked User ID, Station ID and Password several times, but see no error.
LoTW uploads are working, as well as eQSL downloads/uploads.
What else could I try?

Thanks for suggestions, happy holidays everybody
Willi, DJ6JZ
Willi,

Might consider updating to the current version of Log4OM V2 ... It is V2.25.0.0
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
DJ6JZ
Novice Class

Post by DJ6JZ »

Thanks for the suggestion. First I would like to track down the recent problem, as everything worked fine until 10 days ago and I already spent hours to find some functions in Log4OM v2 without success.

73, Willi DJ6JZ
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

DJ6JZ wrote: 25 Dec 2022, 13:00 Thanks for the suggestion. First I would like to track down the recent problem, as everything worked fine until 10 days ago and I already spent hours to find some functions in Log4OM v2 without success.

73, Willi DJ6JZ
Willi,

There have been several changes in handling LOTW with the updates to Log4OM V2.

You might find the update to the current release will cover your issue.

You need to also make sure that you have the latest release of TQSL. Screen clip shows most recent version and configuration file release.

Another thing you can do to help trouble-shoot will be to look at your Log File in Log4OM V2 and see if you have any errors that might relate to connecting to LOTW.

I've been seeing where their servers run slow now and again.
Attachments
tqsl_dec-2022.JPG
tqsl_dec-2022.JPG (54.51 KiB) Viewed 541 times
Plano, TX
DJ6JZ
Novice Class

Post by DJ6JZ »

Hello Nolan,

you are right: Log4OM v2 works ok regarding LoTW downloads.
However, I am still interested to learn what could have lead to the v1 error message "Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel" that started two weeks ago. Did LoTW change anything on Dec 15?

I do not like one aspect of Log4OM v2: I did not find an option to look for (or to correct a missing) IOTA number and island name. Neither when I select a single log entry nor when I choose a log list, there is no IOTA column. Probably the problem is before the monitor...

vy 73, Willi DJ6JZ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DJ6JZ wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 12:46 I do not like one aspect of Log4OM v2: I did not find an option to look for (or to correct a missing) IOTA number and island name. Neither when I select a single log entry nor when I choose a log list, there is no IOTA column.
I dont understand what you cant do using these edit/display windows?

And if there is something that you find missing you just have to ask if it can be added or perhaps if it already exists!

IOTA 1.png
IOTA 1.png (22.93 KiB) Viewed 511 times
IOTA 2.png
IOTA 2.png (35.53 KiB) Viewed 511 times
IOTA 3.png
IOTA 3.png (79.52 KiB) Viewed 511 times
73 Terry G4POP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

DJ6JZ wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 12:46 Hello Nolan,

you are right: Log4OM v2 works ok regarding LoTW downloads.
However, I am still interested to learn what could have lead to the v1 error message "Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel" that started two weeks ago. Did LoTW change anything on Dec 15?

I do not like one aspect of Log4OM v2: I did not find an option to look for (or to correct a missing) IOTA number and island name. Neither when I select a single log entry nor when I choose a log list, there is no IOTA column. Probably the problem is before the monitor...

vy 73, Willi DJ6JZ
Willi,

I'm not able to answer your V1 questions as that version is no longer in active support and changes with external sources that may impact V1 may occur over time.

As for now a new item that was not in your original question ... relates to IOTA.

You can go to Award Manager, select IOTA, unlock the file and go to the References tab and locate the Island ID and make your changes. And/or you can add a new Reference in the same area. Just make sure you then save your changes.

As for having an IOTA column in any given grid you can assign IOTA to several 'free form' columns that are available. You can then be sure to select that column to show up in the repective grid ... IE: Recent QSO's (F7) for example.

You can adjust "each" grid to show or not show that column.

Images below may help out a tad.
Attachments
Config-UserPrefs-1.JPG
Config-UserPrefs-1.JPG (129.78 KiB) Viewed 503 times
AwardIOTAMngt.JPG
AwardIOTAMngt.JPG (113.5 KiB) Viewed 510 times
Plano, TX
DJ6JZ
Novice Class

Re: IOTA, was Missing LoTW download

Post by DJ6JZ »

Hi Nolan and Terry,
thanks for your time and detailed explanations.
I unlocked IOTA in the Award Manager although I am not looking for any award, I take IOTA numbers and island names solely as geographical information.
I could enter IOTA in the column "Reference1". Now the IOTA number is shown in the Recent QSO's list, but still labelled as Reference1. No island names are shown; this information is important, as sometimes several islands share the same IOTA number.
I found no way to enter IOTA related information in the Association field: IOTA is not shown in the list of selectable items.

I found Log4OM v1 much easier to configure, it did offer according columns right from the start, in the recent QSO's list as well as in the Update QSO window.
I wished this information was accessible easily in v2 too, without this workarounds with references and associations. Maybe the procedure is comprehensible for award hunters...

Please see images below.
73 de Willi, DJ6JZ
Log4OM v2 User Preferences.png
Log4OM v2 User Preferences.png (72.55 KiB) Viewed 490 times
Log4OM v2 Recent QSOs.png
Log4OM v2 Recent QSOs.png (35.86 KiB) Viewed 490 times
Log4OM v1 Update QSO.png
Log4OM v1 Update QSO.png (55.61 KiB) Viewed 490 times