New updated countryfile

V2 error reports
EA7KJE
Advanced Class

New updated countryfile

Post by EA7KJE »

The new updated countryfile has come with all the names on capital letters but the original are on normal definition as is only the first letter on capital...

Thank you all!!
Attachments
Captura de pantalla 2023-05-10 084723.png
Captura de pantalla 2023-05-10 084723.png (6.17 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: New updated countryfile

Post by G4POP »

Update your country file and restart Log4OM

Settings/update resources/country file then wait a couple of minutes for download to complete before restarting
73 Terry G4POP
VK3AWG
Advanced Class

Post by VK3AWG »

I noticed an interesting thing with Log4OM 2.27.1.0. I run Log4OM on two computers in the shack. The "radio" pc is for my all time log and the other one that is not connected to radios is for the Marathon. The one not connected to the radios has the country list in capitals but the one connected to the radios is in lower case with only the first letter capital. I have updated the country file and restarted both. I have also uninstalled the "radio" version and reinstalled. Still the same thing.

Regards
Chris
VK3IK
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Update files again from settings menu
73 Terry G4POP
VK3AWG
Advanced Class

Post by VK3AWG »

G4POP wrote: 14 May 2023, 07:38 Update files again from settings menu
Thanks for the in-depth response. I have just tried "Settings/update resources/country file then wait a couple of minutes for download to complete before restarting" again. Still no change.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

VK3AWG wrote: 15 May 2023, 04:40
G4POP wrote: 14 May 2023, 07:38 Update files again from settings menu
Thanks for the in-depth response. I have just tried "Settings/update resources/country file then wait a couple of minutes for download to complete before restarting" again. Still no change.
Ga,

Did you wait for the notification icon (appears to the left of the 'Note' field) to pop on once the country file was updated?

Did you then (once that icon appeared indicating with text inside noted the file was updated) restart Log4OM?

Dunno why you might still be having issues as we've not heard from any other OMs about this.

In fact I had a coffee break yesterday with 4 Log4OM using OMs and asked them about this issue. They all noted the UCase change, etc.. and they did the forced update, restart and all is working FB for them.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
VK3AWG
Advanced Class

Post by VK3AWG »

Hi yes I have done all that. It is very strange, It really isnt a big issue. Just a bit weird. I might try uninstalling it completely and do a "clean" of the pc and then re install. I will let you know what happens. Sorry if my previous post came across a bit harsh. It wasnt intended to be like that.