LOG4OM--eQSL - alternate profile problem

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
vk3anl
Novice Class

LOG4OM--eQSL - alternate profile problem

Post by vk3anl »

Hi folks.

I'm struggling with a high level of eQSL frustration here, and would appreciate guidance.
It appears that eQSL & LOG4OM are not understanding each other with respect to the eQSL Account nickname.

1. I have no problem uploading and downloading from LOG4OM to my primary eQSL Account, "VK3-home". Everything works as I would expect it to, and always has.

2. I cannot upload or download to any of the other eQSL account nicknames, and have never been able to. I have carefully checked and believe that all nicknames and are correct. I always receive the same error messages, detailed below.

Worked example 1.
I have an eQSL profile for portable activities, Nickname in eQSL is "VK3-P".
I have a profile in LOG4OM for VK3 Portable activities. Confirmed that I have correctly set the eQSL nickname and password in this profile.
Started LOG4OM in the correct profile.
Created a dummy QSO & Queued for eQSL
Switched to QSL Manager and initiated upload to eQSL.
LOG4OM Error Message: Error|NO MATCH ON APP_EQSL_QTH_NICKNAME: VK3-P

Worked Example 2.
I have a number of QSLs in the inbox of this same eQSL Profile, ready for download.
Using QSL manager, try to download in the usual way.
Dialog:
Begin ADIF generation request...
Contacting EQSL website...
ADIF request accepted
NO QSO FOUND------------and some trailing debug information

I have examined the trailing debug information, and it contains the correct account name, profile and password.

I have tried with the LOG4OM Download EQSL dialog box open, simply changing the Account Nickname to the "VK3-home" and it works straight away. Any other nickname results in the same error.

I have also tried making "VK3-P" the default/primary profile in eQSL. No change in behaviour.

Anyone with any clues?

LOG4OM Version 1.18.1.0

73 de VK3ANL
Nick
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: LOG4OM--eQSL - alternate profile problem

Post by G4POP »

Hi Nick,
I have to admit that I have never had or tried an alternative nickname with eQSL, I will create one and test new profiles

Meanwhile I strongly advise that you upgrade to version 1.20 - Obviously backup and uninstal version 1.18 first
73 Terry G4POP
vk3anl
Novice Class

Post by vk3anl »

Hi Terry,

Thanks!
I have just upgraded to the latest and run a couple of test cases; behaviour apparently unchanged. (Both the good behaviour and the problem behaviour.)

It's almost as if eQSL will only recognise a single account nickname

de VK3ANL
Nick
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

vk3anl wrote:Hi Terry,

Thanks!
I have just upgraded to the latest and run a couple of test cases; behaviour apparently unchanged. (Both the good behaviour and the problem behaviour.)

It's almost as if eQSL will only recognise a single account nickname

de VK3ANL
Nick
I did not suggest the upgrade to overcome your current problem, I only recommended it because there are many useful improvements in V1.20
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Well I spent all morning creating new "attached" accounts in eqsl with odd nicknames and then applying new Lo4OM profiles and it all worked as it should?

I had one issue and that was when I used a hyphen in the nickname but that could have been a one off, however it might be worth you changing your nickname to something that only contains letters and numbers. Otherwise my only suggestion is to ask eqsl for assistance

BTW when I go portable all I do is change to my portable profile which contains my normal eqsl details and the station call as G4POP/P plus the different locator, address, rig etc and my QSO's upload just fine to eQSL, perhaps your over complicating things by having extra eQSL calls and nicknames for your portable operations?
73 Terry G4POP
vk3anl
Novice Class

Post by vk3anl »

Terry,

Actually, I think I'm only doing the same as you. I have separate attached accounts for VK3ANL, VK3ANL/P, VK3ANL/2, VK3ANL/4 etc. One for each distinct callsign. The 'nickname' is simply the label that differentiates one account from another.

And, my primary account name has a hyphen in it (VK3-home) with no problems.

OK - I appreciate your assistance and the time you spent on it. Hopefully I'll get it sorted.

73 de VK3ANL
Nick
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Nick,

I don't have separate /P accounts with eQSL

I only set the Log4om station call sign as G4POP/P in a separate Log4om profile the EQSL upload for that profile goes to my normal G4POP account at EQSL using my standard password and eQSL nickname G4POP
73 Terry G4POP
vk3anl
Novice Class

Post by vk3anl »

OK, I understand that.
As I understand eQSL, they will treat those logs as though they are for G4POP (even though you have G4POP/P in the Station Callsign field). What happens to an incoming log for someone who has worked you as G4POP/P? Does eQSL match that straight away?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Yes it does
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I have 2 profiles under the same call in Log4OM:

http://eqsl.cc/qslcard/MyAccounts.cfm
eqsl1.PNG
eqsl1.PNG (30.79 KiB) Viewed 8869 times
In the screen above you can see in the Callsign column i have 2 values into "()", one is "Home" and another is "PORTABLE"
This is the QTH Nickname you can find in Log4OM settings in the EQSL section.

So the first profile (the home) has:

UserId = iw3hmh
Password = myPassword
QTH Nickname = Home

The second profile (the IW3HMH/P one) has, in Log4OM

UserId = iw3hmh
Password = mypassword
QTH Nickname = PORTABLE
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH