2 JTDX instances at the same time?

General discussions about Log4OM features
F1NQP
Advanced Class

2 JTDX instances at the same time?

Post by F1NQP »

Hello.

This morning I started thinking about running 2 instances of JTDX at the same time. One on an IC-7610, and the second on an IC-9700.
This way I can listen and trade on deca and VHF.

To do this, I wrote a batch to launch jtdx with the ic-9700.
I already launch in 1st LOG4Om, which in turn launches me, main JTDX (7610), then I start thanks to the batch that is on my w10 desktop, JTDX 2 (9700).
All works perfectly, I receive the FT8 frames, I can make qso with the 2 trx.

The qso I've been doing since 7610 are well logged to LOG4OM, but the qso I'm doing with 9700 are not logged to LOG4OM.

I left the address 127.0.0.0.0.1 on each side, and 2236 in UDP port number. the communicator is well started, and also on the same address and the same UDP port.

I even tried, at the end of the afternoon, to put JTALERT on, but it's the same.

Is that possible, or am I wasting my time?

73 to all and good evening.

Bonjour.

Ce matin je me suis mis en tête de faire fonctionner 2 instances de JTDX en même temps. Une sur un IC-7610, et la deuxième sur un IC-9700.
De cette manière je peux écouter et trafiquer sur déca et sur VHF.

Pour ce faire, j'ai écrit un batch pour lancer jtdx avec l'ic-9700.
Je lance déjà en 1er LOG4Om, qui me lance à son tour, JTDX principal (7610), puis ensuite je démarre grâce au batch qui est sur mon bureau w10, JTDX 2 (9700).
Tout fonctionne à merveille, je reçois les trames FT8, je peux faire des qso avec les 2 trx.

Les qso que je fais depuis le 7610 sont bien logués vers LOG4OM, mais les qso que je fais avec le 9700 ne sont pas logués vers LOG4OM.

J'ai laissé l'adresse 127.0.0.1 de chaque côté, et 2236 en numéro de port UDP. le communicator est bien démarré, et également sur la même adresse et le même port UDP.

J'ai même essayé, en fin d'après-midi, de mettre JTALERT, mais c'est pareil.

Est-ce possible, ou je perds mon temps ?

73 à tous et bonne soirée.
Attachments
JTDX  by HF community                                         v2.1.0-rc144, derivative work based on WSJT-X by K1JT 2019-12-13 12.12.26.png
JTDX by HF community v2.1.0-rc144, derivative work based on WSJT-X by K1JT 2019-12-13 12.12.26.png (159.73 KiB) Viewed 5075 times
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: 2 JTDX instances at the same time?

Post by IW3HMH »

Theoretically you're doing that right.
Is there any other software listening for those packets? (eg. JTAlert?)
Works without JTAlert?

It could be stealing UDP packages, as an UDP frame once received by the first application that "wins the race" is no more available to other applications.
With V2 you can use 2 different ports and make Log4OM listening on both, but that should work on V1 using the same port...

When you run both applications alone, they works well? it's only when executed together that you have issues?
I can imagine another kind of "race", as example on disk ADIF file written by JTDX or something like that...
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
F1NQP
Advanced Class

Re: 2 JTDX instances at the same time?

Post by F1NQP »

currently I added JTALERT, but I have the same problem.

I'm going to uninstall JTALERT which doesn't bring anything more, and I'm going to
to resume my trials.

YES when I use the 2 JTDX separately, it works perfectly.

We are looking forward to the V2.

73 Danielle, thank you and good evening.

actuellement j'ai ajouté JTALERT, mais j'ai le même problème.

Je vais désinstaller JTALERT qui n'amène rien de plus, et je vais
reprendre mes essais.

OUI lorsque j'utilise les 2 JTDX séparément, ça fonctionne parfaitement.

Nous attendons avec impatience la V2.

73 Danielle, merci et bonne soirée.